Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Where is my July 2nd Jeep?
I just contacted Jeep Chat and they said the following:

ME - As of yesterday (Oct 4, 2021) the dealer (Gupton) said they do not have the my Wrangler.

ME - (10/5/2021, 9:54:21 AM): can someone confirm exactly where this $60,000 asset is at?

SwatiBhardwaj (10/5/2021, 9:56:10 AM): I do see that the vehicle has been delivered to GUPTON MOTORS INC located at 3450 TOM AUSTIN HIGHWAY, SPRINGFIELD, TN on 09/30/21 01:11:00 PM. (AKA 6 days ago).

I can certainly understand that their record (Jeep Corp) may be incorrect, but they are claiming it was received 6 days on Sept 29th at 1:11pm at the Gupton says they don't have it???
How poor of a record keeping job they must have to receive something for 6 days and not yet update their records to reflect? Since my opinion is very low as far as dealers are concerned, I won't be surprised if they are really this bad but I would also check their dealer website and check out their inventory. I'm curious to see if they have "new" Wrangler stock that has just arrived. I won't put it beyond these dealers to take advantage of an out of state sale at MSRP or lower and snatch the Wrangler and sell it to a frequent local customer that the sale's guy knows and charge them Thousands over MSRP!!!! This can occur out of sheer incompetency as well.
Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon

ME - As of yesterday (Oct 4, 2021) the dealer (Gupton) said they do not have the my Wrangler.

ME - (10/5/2021, 9:54:21 AM): can someone confirm exactly where this $60,000 asset is at?

SwatiBhardwaj (10/5/2021, 9:56:10 AM): I do see that the vehicle has been delivered to GUPTON MOTORS INC located at 3450 TOM AUSTIN HIGHWAY, SPRINGFIELD, TN on 09/30/21 01:11:00 PM. (AKA 6 days ago).

I can certainly understand that their record (Jeep Corp) may be incorrect, but they are claiming it was received 6 days on Sept 29th at 1:11pm at the Gupton says they don't have it???
That's suprising My Jeep arrived at Gupton 10/1 and They emailed Me later that day to arrange pick up, I know of one other here They did the same for, it's possible they don't have it yet

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
That's suprising My Jeep arrived at Gupton 10/1 and They emailed Me later that day to arrange pick up, I know of one other here They did the same for, it's possible they don't have it yet
I looked at the dealer inventory and he shows 2 wranglers in stock with $1000 Jeep discount and $500 customer discount. Haven't seen any dealer actually posting these. Dealers in my area not only NOT providing any discounts but they list MSRP and $4000 ADD-ON right on their site! smh

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
anyone know what KZS means for a code checked traffic codes and its not there

Big_Lebowski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2016 JKUR Rock Crawler
Occupation
I glow in the dark!

Gupton didn't think they had mine either, but they had around 150 on the lot at the time (last week). They received 80 in one day. It took Walter some time to find mine in the crowd. Picking it up this Saturday.

Sponsored

Rubisramansbestfriend

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0, HD Breakout 114, Unimog, GT500
Well after paying a deposit and waiting 2 months my jeep was delivered last Thursday. I spoke with the dealer and set up pick up for tomorrow which they agreed to. I got a call about 30 minutes ago that a mistake was made and they accidentally sold my jeep. They say they want to make it right but they didn't elaborate. I am so furious I cannot see straight. Pretty sure this just completely killed my jeep love.

Karinda

First Name
Karinda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Well after paying a deposit and waiting 2 months my jeep was delivered last Thursday. I spoke with the dealer and set up pick up for tomorrow which they agreed to. I got a call about 30 minutes ago that a mistake was made and they accidentally sold my jeep. They say they want to make it right but they didn't elaborate. I am so furious I cannot see straight. Pretty sure this just completely killed my jeep love.
I would totally lose it. I think I would make them call whomever they sold it to and get it back and then give you a very nice discount. Your name is on the Window sticker. How can you not question that... I would be livid cause now you have to wait again. probably for 2022 production. Either way you look at it they would make it up or just go somewhere else so they don't get the sale.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I'm cynical by nature much of time. It would be difficult for me to believe that was a "mistake" but instead was done with intent. There should be such a clear and obvious paper trail associated with an ordered vehicle (particularly in THIS market where dang near every single Wrangler hitting a dealer lot is a customer ordered vehicle) that there's virtually no way to make a mistake like that.

My anger level would be so high it would be indescribable.

Sponsored

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
The owner is going to call you? i wouldn't even want to get involved in a discussion with them. At this point, it's a used vehicle. You didn't order a used vehicle... you ordered a new one. They can have it.

IMO, the discussion should be with the dealer and how they're to going to make it right.

lockman1972

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport (ordered)
The owner is going to call you? i wouldn't even want to get involved in a discussion with them. At this point, it's a used vehicle. You didn't order a used vehicle... you ordered a new one. They can have it.

IMO, the discussion should be with the dealer and how they're to going to make it right.
Im guessing the owner of the dealership is the one thats going to call

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
Iā€™m afraid of that happening to me. Iā€™ve been waiting since 04/31 for mine. No info from FCA Canada or dealership. Please keep everyone in the loop on this outcome. Iā€™d be FURIOUS!! You didnā€™t order a used Jeep. They took the pride right out of the whole experience.
Sponsored