Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I was told basically the same thing. They said they have never heard of a customer or anyone outside of the sales department having the capability to track order / build status. :facepalm:
Yet lots of folks on here have all the information they want.
Sponsored

ChristianrSRU

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be : '21 Sport Altitude JLU
I am just curious for people who have ordered, this is my first time doing so. I don't want to over pester a dealer/salesman, so I was just curious as to how many updates you usually got from them throughout the process. I left my order with the dealer/salesman and paid the deposit on Tuesday, and sent an email today just asking if its actually been input into the system. since I havent had any follow up yet.

Like I said, dont want to be annoying as hell, but still want to be updated throughout the process and make sure everything is going smoothly so I want to stay on top of it.
my dealer said he will provide 5 updates. But you can always use Jeep chat on the website for an update as well!

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
So I finally got my Vin/Von/POC from my dealer from a 3/2 deposit build orders.

3/2 deposit
3/10 My dealer emailed me a Vin was assigned(NO #) and being built.
TODAY received an update Status KZ - released by plant Estimated ship date 3/15/21

2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Granite Crystal
25N
3.6 etor
SKY Top
Anti spin
Full time 4wd
ASG
Trailer tow and HD electrical
Cold weather
Off road camera.

2nd Jeep GC 80TH

I just chatted with Jeep and got this:
- I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 03/17/2021 - 03/22/2021
I am showing that your vehicle is in the shipping stage. Current Dealer ETA is 03/22/2021 - 04/05/2021

So I better order my new antenna.......šŸ˜€

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
I just ordered a 2021 JL Rubicon 2dr. Iā€™m very optimistic through the process, I may stop in and check to see if they have gotten any information on the build once a week or so, the last 3 I bought I drove them at least 3 days before I ever signed any paperwork, Iā€™ve been doing this for 24 years with most of the same people. I know Covid has raised hell with most all businesses around the country so I order it and forget it until it gets delivered , my first Jeep Wrangler,1997, took from may till October to get and the dealer contacted me every time something changed on that build, so get yourself a good dealer, and let them do what they get paid for.

Sponsored

thepriceisright

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR (sold)
My dealer didnā€™t ask for a deposit. Didnā€™t surprise me as Iā€™ve ordered cars from other brands without a deposit before, but it seems like a lot of you paid a deposit. Is my situation unusual or should I be worried about actually getting the Jeep?

jbennett_418

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR 2019 Subaru WRX STI Limited
My dealer didnā€™t ask for a deposit. Didnā€™t surprise me as Iā€™ve ordered cars from other brands without a deposit before, but it seems like a lot of you paid a deposit. Is my situation unusual or should I be worried about actually getting the Jeep?
I think most dealers just like the peace of mind of deposits especially if its a higher priced build. This ensures that the customer inquiring to purchase isnt just wasting their time. They likely wont want to order a $50k + specā€™d Jeep without having a potential buyer lined up.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Don't know if your situation is unusual or not but my dealer didn't ask for a deposit either.

Jaeth

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.standardroofingok.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I imagine it depends on what you're ordering, too. If you're ordering odd options and not picking popular ones they may worry about being able to sell it if you change your mind.

It's like in real estate, you put down earnest money to show you're truly interested.

As far as being worried about your order? Naw, Keep in touch with your salesman once a week or so to make sure you know when it will be in and you'll be fine.

Sponsored

IcemanBW

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Finally pulled the trigger today after waiting for the manual transmission delays to subside. Lead time foretold ~ 12-15 weeks. Build attached. Ended up about $6k under invoice and didnā€™t have to have any interaction with a dealer.

782FA1F5-BB38-426F-B162-C498F1088DB3.jpeg

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon 2dr ,2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr
My Jeep was delivered tonight! Salesman called me about 1 hour ago to inform me that it was delivered and that I can pick it up tomorrow. Ordered 2/23/21 :like:
great , mine is about 8 weeks away, maybe it will show up sooner!

groides

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Canadian order here....ordered my Rubi on Jan 22nd.
Feb 1 - VIN Provided (Dealer quoted another 3-4 weeks)
Feb 10 - D Status (Dealer quoted another 3-4 weeks)
Feb 18th - D2 Status (Didn't know there was a D2..Dealer quoted 3-4 weeks)
Mar 2nd - D1 Status (Moving backwards?.....quoted 3-4 weeks)
Mar 12th - Tentative Factory ship status for Mar 25
This week......no fkn idea....maybe 3-4 more weeks.

Getting annoyed...

JeepHead

First Name
Amarinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Canadian order here....ordered my Rubi on Jan 22nd.
Feb 1 - VIN Provided (Dealer quoted another 3-4 weeks)
Feb 10 - D Status (Dealer quoted another 3-4 weeks)
Feb 18th - D2 Status (Didn't know there was a D2..Dealer quoted 3-4 weeks)
Mar 2nd - D1 Status (Moving backwards?.....quoted 3-4 weeks)
Mar 12th - Tentative Factory ship status for Mar 25
This week......no fkn idea....maybe 3-4 more weeks.

Getting annoyed...
You are still better off. I ordered on 7th October 2020. still in D status. No ETA, NO Build date yet. Thinking to cancel the order at this point.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
You are still better off. I ordered on 7th October 2020. still in D status. No ETA, NO Build date yet. Thinking to cancel the order at this point.
Do you guys cross the border and order?
Is that a thing?
Just looked on the map cause...I'm retired ...take the 401 sw your there in a little ...throw rocks....
Sponsored