Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Just did the "Chat". They wont give me a status code. they say they will not give them out to the customers.
Yes, Jeep Chat won't give you the codes. They will usually give you description of what is going on. The dealer can give you the codes.
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Hello everyone. New here, and must say the first post in this thread is amazing.

My wife and I are looking to order a new JLUR with the dual door group and dual top group. It appears this isn’t possible?! My dealer is still looking into it; I was just curious if anyone else had encountered this?

We are in no rush to order; which has me wondering if we shouldn’t maybe hold out to see what color options may be available for MY22. Has anyone seen any details for the 22’s?

TYIA
The half doors don't fit in cargo space with the soft top. You can order the soft top separately through the dealer.

sligus

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited 3.6L
Yeah I just tried Jeep chat just to see if my dealer put my order into the system, I emailed them on Monday and they haven't responded yet but said they would do it on Friday.

Jeep chat said without the VON they can't tell me anything, they wouldn't/couldn't search by my name. I guess I will have to be annoying and reach out to the dealer again.
You definitely need the VON.My dealer placed my order Monday night. Got the VON today and Jeep chat provided the VIN today already.

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process IMG_1922

Just got her home already modified. 2.5 in lift, 35 in KO2s, Fox IPF Steering Stabilizer, Mopar rugged floor mats. We have places to go, people to social distance against, 2021 is going to be a blast..

Sad / not sad to have traded away from my GCherokee but boy oh boy is this thing fun to drive.

Ordered 1/29 arrived 3/23.

hisdigness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Sahara
Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process IMG_1922

Just got her home already modified. 2.5 in lift, 35 in KO2s, Fox IPF Steering Stabilizer, Mopar rugged floor mats. We have places to go, people to social distance against, 2021 is going to be a blast..

Sad / not sad to have traded away from my GCherokee but boy oh boy is this thing fun to drive.

Ordered 1/29 arrived 3/23.
So sick! Grats! Love the color!

Sponsored

mercury26

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi SQ5, 2021 BMW M2C, 2018 Ford F150
Hi, everyone. I am new to the forum and recently ordered a Rubicon (ordered today). The specs on the model that we are ordered are listed below. I would have preferred the Unlimited, but we needed to keep the weight down to pull behind our RV. The dealer I ordered from mentioned that automatic transmission vehicles are on restriction. I am going to keep a close eye on things, hope it moves through the system quickly. BTW, I have had two short relationships with Jeep in past; CJ5 that I owned in 1991 for a few months and Grand Cherokee SRT that I had for a year. I am excited that 3rd time will the charm. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 10.17.08 PM

Live-AxleX2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLXP
My dealer didn’t ask for a deposit. Didn’t surprise me as I’ve ordered cars from other brands without a deposit before, but it seems like a lot of you paid a deposit. Is my situation unusual or should I be worried about actually getting the Jeep?

Wouldn't a Deposit make it a 'Sold Order'? meaning higher priority Build status?

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@mercury26 Isn't the transmission hold for manual transmissions right now? My auto 850RE went through production build during this recall and factory issue.

mercury26

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@mercury26 Isn't the transmission hold for manual transmissions right now? My auto 850RE went through production build during this recall and factory issue.
That would be better news, it's what the sales guy told me. Hopefully things will move quickly, he quoted 90-120 days.

One question, salesman told me that order was submitted yesterday. How soon would a VON be issued? As soon as the order is submitted?

tehkayd

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting-Gray
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@mercury26 I did my order with VON Jan29, got VIN on Feb4. I think somewhere late February the transmission thing came up.
I was told about 10 weeks, round trip the vehicle arrived on Mar23 about 7 1/2 weeks after order.

For your VON I would say no more then 24-48 hours but yes, should be rather quick when they submit it to FCA.

Sponsored

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Hi Everyone, I ordered a JLUS manual soft top yesterday. Today the dealer emailed me the order sheet with a VON. With that, can I check status on build?

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Don’t quote me, maybe someone else has more knowledge, but I think there was a recent issue with the auto trans used in the gas models.

IAJeepguy

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel
Occupation
ACMX
Don’t quote me, maybe someone else has more knowledge, but I think there was a recent issue with the auto trans used in the gas models.
disregard... my earlier post...I went back to find that article and only thing I’m seeing is the manual recall...🤷🏻‍♂️

mercury26

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received my VON and VIN today. I will update the group if I hear any more on automatic transmission delays.

Traktor31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
To update more, I spoke with jeep chat just now and got the VIN, and said all materials are received and ready to begin building. Nothing about delays.

I have selec-trac, and a 4 cylinder with automatic transmission on a Sport S.
Sponsored