miweber929

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Hello - I am new here and to the Jeep family! I ordered my Sahara in August, just got my window sticker today (build sheet received on Sept. 21st. Contacted JC and my dealer and both tell me that my vehicle has been released to ship and just waiting to be picked up. Neither can provide me with an ETA. Is anyone aware of current shipping timeframes once your Jeep has been released to ship? How often do they pick up from the plant?
It’s all over the place. Mine was a solid month from built to actual delivery.
Advertisement

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
How did you get a window sticker before it shipped? I keep checking the VIN link for mine and it still doesn't show up. Received a ship date of 10/26 from my dealer yesterday.
I got a window sticker last week but my car is still waiting to be shipped. I have to check this week to see if they have an updated status.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well... progress this morning. JC says I'm in paint stage. Didn't expect that.

JLUR
9/11: Ordered
9/17: VIN/VON received (may have been available sooner)
10/6: D1
10/19: F (paint)

Shipping ETA I got from my dealer was... today. So obviously that is incorrect. But I'm good with the progress. Still nothing on crypto.

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
Ordered a JLU Sahara sting gray 2.0 with only premium sound, proximity, and remote start added.
Ordered 10/7
VIN 10/12
Reached out to Jeep chat yesterday (10/18) and was told that it was still in the order stage waiting on parts.
This morning was contacted by my dealer that the estimated ship date was 10/26! He said that it was the quickest he had seen one go through, granted the ship date could change. He also said a Rubicon he ordered on 10/14 though still had not gotten a VIN number. Maybe I was just super lucky and got it right before the cut off date. It seems like they are pushing Jeeps through quickly as I see some people who ordered earlier in 2021 are finally getting their jeeps as well as people who ordered their's in early September so maybe Jeep is one of the only manufacturers actually putting out consistent production.
I also should add I didn't go with the gorilla glass which there seems to be delay on. Also didn't opt in for floor mats.
This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of the Jeep cult now!

Last edited:

Outtacoffee

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited
Noob here as well. Placed an order for my first Jeep Wrangler (Sahara Unlimited) last week. The excitement of waiting and checking is so much fun. (I am trying to stay upbeat and not drive myself crazy.)

Order date: 10/14
Vin Assigned: 10/18
Built status: D

Confirmed will be 2022 model with dealer. JC indicated that waiting for parts, scheduling, and 2022 production to begin.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ordered a JLU Sahara sting gray 2.0 with only premium sound, proximity, and remote start added.
Ordered 10/7
VIN 10/12
Reached out to Jeep chat yesterday (10/18) and was told that it was still in the order stage waiting on parts.
This morning was contacted by my dealer that the estimated ship date was 10/26! He said that it was the quickest he had seen one go through, granted the ship date could change. He also said a Rubicon he ordered on 10/14 though still had not gotten a VIN number. Maybe I was just super lucky and got it right before the cut off date. It seems like they are pushing Jeeps through quickly as I see some people who ordered earlier in 2021 are finally getting their jeeps as well as people who ordered their's in early September so maybe Jeep is one of the only manufacturers actually putting out consistent production.
I also should add I didn't go with the gorilla glass which there seems to be delay on. Also didn't opt in for floor mats.
This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of the Jeep cult now!
I would put no faith in that estimated ship date. In reality, it seems like the ship date they give you is closer to what the actual BUILD date is. And that proved the case for me as well. But still, if you start build that quick after ordering on 10/7 that would be great progress.

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
I would put no faith in that estimated ship date. In reality, it seems like the ship date they give you is closer to what the actual BUILD date is. And that proved the case for me as well. But still, if you start build that quick after ordering on 10/7 that would be great progress.
As soon as I made my post I scrolled up and saw your situation and ate my words a bit haha. Aye! Flower Mound, that's right down the street from me

nomographer

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
So this experience went completely off the rails the other day. I was at the dealership looking at other vehicles, still upset and happened to look in their hold lot and saw a JLURD in Snazzberry sitting there. I asked the salesman about it and he said it just arrived this morning(Friday). He said it was a custom order and was already sold. While he was inside getting the keys for a 392 I moseyed over to the Jeep and looked at the Vin. IT WAS MY JEEP. I checked the window sticker and low and behold there was my name at the top. The salesman came back out and walked up to me and I told him it was mine. He said that was impossible. He checked the VIN and saw my name. The owner and manager apologized for the confusion, gave me 10 off invoice and a lifetime warranty and I took delivery Saturday. In the end it all worked out.
So I have to ask, how many miles were on the odometer?

Scott.B

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
So ordered today and was 2022 but from reading that will not start until December 21? Did I read that right? Guess they have to finish up all the 2021 orders.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
In KZS status today, but still no dealer ETA. Dealer initiated contact with me for the first time today. Said they didn't have an ETA, but thought it would be the last few days of the month.

Some searching of KZS I found several that were delivered within a week (or shorter) to 10 days. I also found some that waited more than a month in that status. Hoping for the shorter end.

8/21 - Order
8/21 - VON
8/25 - VIN and D , maybe a day or two earlier
9/24 - D1
9/29 - Est Build date 10/13
10/11 - Framing stage, should be complete within a couple days.
10/12 - Built: awaiting installation of accessories
10/13 - Build sheet
10/18 - Completed Inspection, in shipping stage, no dealer ETA
10/19 - KZS, still no dealer ETA, Window Sticker!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Quake LED

Advertisement