Sponsored

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well... progress this morning. JC says I'm in paint stage. Didn't expect that.

JLUR
9/11: Ordered
9/17: VIN/VON received (may have been available sooner)
10/6: D1
10/19: F (paint)

Shipping ETA I got from my dealer was... today. So obviously that is incorrect. But I'm good with the progress. Still nothing on crypto.
Sponsored

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
Ordered a JLU Sahara sting gray 2.0 with only premium sound, proximity, and remote start added.
Ordered 10/7
VIN 10/12
Reached out to Jeep chat yesterday (10/18) and was told that it was still in the order stage waiting on parts.
This morning was contacted by my dealer that the estimated ship date was 10/26! He said that it was the quickest he had seen one go through, granted the ship date could change. He also said a Rubicon he ordered on 10/14 though still had not gotten a VIN number. Maybe I was just super lucky and got it right before the cut off date. It seems like they are pushing Jeeps through quickly as I see some people who ordered earlier in 2021 are finally getting their jeeps as well as people who ordered their's in early September so maybe Jeep is one of the only manufacturers actually putting out consistent production.
I also should add I didn't go with the gorilla glass which there seems to be delay on. Also didn't opt in for floor mats.
This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of the Jeep cult now!

Last edited:

Outtacoffee

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited
Noob here as well. Placed an order for my first Jeep Wrangler (Sahara Unlimited) last week. The excitement of waiting and checking is so much fun. (I am trying to stay upbeat and not drive myself crazy.)

Order date: 10/14
Vin Assigned: 10/18
Built status: D

Confirmed will be 2022 model with dealer. JC indicated that waiting for parts, scheduling, and 2022 production to begin.

Shiner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Ordered a JLU Sahara sting gray 2.0 with only premium sound, proximity, and remote start added.
Ordered 10/7
VIN 10/12
Reached out to Jeep chat yesterday (10/18) and was told that it was still in the order stage waiting on parts.
This morning was contacted by my dealer that the estimated ship date was 10/26! He said that it was the quickest he had seen one go through, granted the ship date could change. He also said a Rubicon he ordered on 10/14 though still had not gotten a VIN number. Maybe I was just super lucky and got it right before the cut off date. It seems like they are pushing Jeeps through quickly as I see some people who ordered earlier in 2021 are finally getting their jeeps as well as people who ordered their's in early September so maybe Jeep is one of the only manufacturers actually putting out consistent production.
I also should add I didn't go with the gorilla glass which there seems to be delay on. Also didn't opt in for floor mats.
This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of the Jeep cult now!
I would put no faith in that estimated ship date. In reality, it seems like the ship date they give you is closer to what the actual BUILD date is. And that proved the case for me as well. But still, if you start build that quick after ordering on 10/7 that would be great progress.

Sponsored

VulcanReb662

First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0 Sting Gray
I would put no faith in that estimated ship date. In reality, it seems like the ship date they give you is closer to what the actual BUILD date is. And that proved the case for me as well. But still, if you start build that quick after ordering on 10/7 that would be great progress.
As soon as I made my post I scrolled up and saw your situation and ate my words a bit haha. Aye! Flower Mound, that's right down the street from me

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
So this experience went completely off the rails the other day. I was at the dealership looking at other vehicles, still upset and happened to look in their hold lot and saw a JLURD in Snazzberry sitting there. I asked the salesman about it and he said it just arrived this morning(Friday). He said it was a custom order and was already sold. While he was inside getting the keys for a 392 I moseyed over to the Jeep and looked at the Vin. IT WAS MY JEEP. I checked the window sticker and low and behold there was my name at the top. The salesman came back out and walked up to me and I told him it was mine. He said that was impossible. He checked the VIN and saw my name. The owner and manager apologized for the confusion, gave me 10 off invoice and a lifetime warranty and I took delivery Saturday. In the end it all worked out.
So I have to ask, how many miles were on the odometer?

Deleted member 59498

So ordered today and was 2022 but from reading that will not start until December 21? Did I read that right? Guess they have to finish up all the 2021 orders.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
So ordered today and was 2022 but from reading that will not start until December 21? Did I read that right? Guess they have to finish up all the 2021 orders.
I heard December 5th. And I have ordered a 2022 too. Vin is in my signature.

Sponsored

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
In KZS status today, but still no dealer ETA. Dealer initiated contact with me for the first time today. Said they didn't have an ETA, but thought it would be the last few days of the month.

Some searching of KZS I found several that were delivered within a week (or shorter) to 10 days. I also found some that waited more than a month in that status. Hoping for the shorter end.

8/21 - Order
8/21 - VON
8/25 - VIN and D , maybe a day or two earlier
9/24 - D1
9/29 - Est Build date 10/13
10/11 - Framing stage, should be complete within a couple days.
10/12 - Built: awaiting installation of accessories
10/13 - Build sheet
10/18 - Completed Inspection, in shipping stage, no dealer ETA
10/19 - KZS, still no dealer ETA, Window Sticker!!!

Last edited:

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Jeep Chat just advised-" Thank you for waiting. The Jeep is moving through the build process and it's in the paint stage. I'd recommend contacting back in a week or two for a new update check, but we are available 24/7 if you do want to contact back sooner. " Any info on the timing from this point? Appreciate it!
Sponsored