Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Also, somewhere in small print your insurance papers will say you have a certain amount of time or they won’t help you. Years ago I had a frivolous lawsuit against me. It was so stupid I didn’t even bother to inform my insurance company. (Woman fell on a sidewalk during a city construction project and added my plumbing truck parked a block away into the suit.) When I went to court I was told I HAVE to have a lawyer and representation or I could actually lose this case! So I now go to the insurance company and they tell me sorry you have to let us know right away.
I won the case but had to get a lawyer.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

take it to a dealer. most insurances will cover the dealer making the repairs. thats would i would do.

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
take it to a dealer. most insurances will cover the dealer making the repairs. thats would i would do.
This is the ABSOLUTE LAST PLACE I would take my Wrangler to be repaired if mine were damaged.

Be sure to get your Insurance to request the Diminished Value added into the repair costs.
Good luck with that :LOL:

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Does anyone have a rough estimate on what it's going to cost to get this fixed? The other driver was at fault, and their insurance is trying to rush me in to accepting a check. I just wanna know how bad they are going to try to screw me. Thanks!

IMG_20200204_131022.jpg
IMG_20200204_125647.jpg
IMG_20200204_124735.jpg
Lol, rushing to write you a check. Here in KY you send it to a shop of your choice and the at-fault party deals with them, paying as more problems are found.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
any jeep shops in your local? i'd ask around as to who they would recommend. or if there is a local jeep community. cases like this i dont even contact my insurance company. i contact the responsible person's insurance company. and be aware.. some insurance companies will lie and tell you to take it to shop x because they have some influence there as they have them as their 'official' body shop in the area. i've had this happen and told the insurance company i was taking it to a shop of my choice. also i would not accept a check first. it just complicates matters. its one more place the insurer can run interference hoping you wont push it if they get difficult about additional costs.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Be sure to get your Insurance to request the Diminished Value added into the repair costs.
Diminished value only applies when you sell the vehicle. It also will cost about $400.00 to have an appraisal performed. Been through this with USAA.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Diminished value only applies when you sell the vehicle. It also will cost about $400.00 to have an appraisal performed. Been through this with USAA.
The laws for diminished value vary from state to state and the OP should seek whatever remedies are available in his/her state. Your experience is not relevant.

Sponsored

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
If it wasn't for the fact that you were in TX, I'd give you my sliders, and you could pocket the $1400 cost. Lots of take-offs out there, so you may want to work a deal with repair shop.

JeepJLBase

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
The laws for diminished value vary from state to state and the OP should seek whatever remedies are available in his/her state. Your experience is not relevant.
We are both in Texas and I did lots of research on the subject. Insurance won’t simply pay diminished value since the expectation is that the vehicle repairs are done correctly so no real loss to the owner. It’s in their dna to make things difficult. The longer you keep the vehicle the less the diminished value money you receive due to the loss of value year to year. I am not shocked that people chimed in based on a headline without any knowledge on the topic.

Last edited:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
The diminished value is worth trying for. A lot of the time they will just offer you money to not look too deeply into the diminished value...

Jadoca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Find a shop that specializes in high end vehicles and does not have a relationship with insurance companies. That is likely a 2K to 3K job done right.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
One thing to consider. Make sure the shop that does the repair work has been around for a long while, and has Lifetime Warranty on all work done.
My story: i have an 06 Dodge 2500 Diesel, that was involved in a front end collision. Not a whole lot of damage, because of a big steel bumper. But, the front fenders and hood were repainted. 8 yrs later, the paint started to fade on the hood and fenders, slightly. I took it back to the shop, and two days later later, I had a repainted front end. No questions asked. But, I did save all paperwork, for the initial work. It surprised them that I had it, especially when they said they had no record of the work, because of computer isssues, years back.

Sponsored