Got hit this AM....

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know exactly how you feel. They got me earlier this week from behind and I’m dealing with the same insurance thing. I’ve got to replace my rear bumper (Bonefish), but it’s cheaper to replace than to repaint. Good luck.
Some pics, him & me.

2B34E58E-A26D-46CB-9FEA-F055663715BF.jpeg

41B7FE9C-6C2D-4C0D-A361-9C798664171F.jpeg
Damn! I got a steel bumper on the front, now looking at your pictures, I'm getting a rear steel bumper and wider steel rock sliders. Impressive Bro! Armor-Up

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Dash Cams should be on every vehicle, takes the guesswork out...
Until the dash cam owner does something dumb, and their own device is evidence against them.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Until the dash cam owner does something dumb, and their own device is evidence against them.
Generally any dash cam evidence is yours - and for your sole benefit. Pretty hard for another party to view or confiscate it without your consent. If anything if the other driver had a dash cam the evidence is there anyways. Unless of course it somehow got deleted and the file wiped and overwritten.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Generally any dash cam evidence is yours - and for your sole benefit. Pretty hard for another party to view or confiscate it without your consent. If anything if the other driver had a dash cam the evidence is there anyways. Unless of course it somehow got deleted and the file wiped and overwritten.
To support your point:

Here an interesting video that my daughter sent me. It gets REALLY crazy at the 2:20 mark. The follow-up is that the passenger sued the Uber driver for $5M for an illegal recording. Unbelievable.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Would be interesting to see how his civil claim turns - or actually turned - out. As in certain jurisdictions and situations the right to record audio or video may have specific restrictions. In this instance the owner of the video chose to put it on Youtube - which may have created specific risk and legal exposure.

But yeah unbelievable is right.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...exec-sentenced-jail-attack-uber-driver/50397/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fired-taco-bell-exec-uber-attack-suing-driver-5-million-n497646