jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
I’m sorry this happened to you.

I was driving my wife’s 2019 Nissan van a few months back, and was hit by a sports car running a red light. He hit me doing at least 20-30 MPH, if not a bit faster. He hit the same as where you were hit. I elected to have the vehicle towed, because the wheel was hit. It’s a good thing I did. There was about $8000 in damage, much of it behind the wheel - including the frame, and it was extremely unsafe to drive based on the unseen damage.

I hope your situation is not the same.
Damn, were you t-boned? Mine was more like getting sideswiped, so hopefully it didnt do that much damage.. i was able to drive 10 mins away with no issues to the body shop after and didnt notice anything
Sponsored

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Mine was rear-ended on an Interstate at low speed. Their vehicle was rather trashed from the tow hook on my vehicle. The impact distorted the frame attachment at the tow hook. When I shopped around for repair, I repeatedly ran into shops that "do not work on frames." I ended up taking my Jeep to a Jeep/Mopar dealer. They were not hesitant to repair the body and frame and the work was excellent. I suggest you use this low-impact incident to find and befriend a shop that works on frames, in the event you need that. IMHO.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I'm glad its only cosmetics, but I worry bout the wheel as it was hit during a turn. so hopefully no internal parts were damaged.

My neck is starting to feel a little sore now as well. The Wrangler bounced right off the F-250
Man youre fine, and your Jeep looks fine. It isnt bad at all and people make mistakes all the time it is about being human.

Dont worry about your neck, people exagerate these neck issues after crashes a lot. I crashed my 2018 Jeep at 60mph, airbags and total, and I was fine and so was my wife. a bit of a tender neck next day then I was fine. I had a fall skiing last weekend and my neck hurt badly for two days, 2 years ago I had a mountain bike crash and sore neck for a few days. I get worst injuries doing sports than I did on a real car crash.

Also, chiropractors are crooks. take some rest and let your neck muscles recover.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Guy tried to go straight in a right turn only lane, and hit me as i was turning right (my lane had the option of going straight or right)

Any damage adjusters on here? Hoping to just take the money and get a steel bumper/flares. hopefully nothing else was damaged. Seriously pissed off, Jeep was just 5 months old

IMG_0282.jpg
Aw man that sucks, I feel your pain.

I WOULD GO THROUGH THAT THING WITH A FINE TOOTH COMB. GET IT CHECKED OUT THOUROGHLY. SCREW THAT.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
At least the damage does not appear to be that bad.

Someone rear ended me the other day, luckily i was in my DD and not the Jeep. Could not even notice any damage as he hit my tow hitch. There are definitely some perks to driving a 6,000lb + vehicle.

Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Seems minor but my heart is in pieces today. Didnt even make it to 5 months before an accident
Dude, maybe it was good you had a minor accident and scuffed up your treasure just a bit. It's just an inanimate vehicle. Don't put your heart into a Jeep. Put it into your family, your neighbors, something worth it. The Jeep is a means to that end, not the end itself.

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Seems minor but my heart is in pieces today. Didnt even make it to 5 months before an accident
I can sympathize, and it's hard to hear it, but it could have been a whole lot worse damage! (To you or the Jeep)

The vehicle I originally bought to replace my 2013 JK was a 2019 Colorado ZR2. Only one in the country equipped like it, the way I wanted. It was an awesome looking truck, until I was driving it to work five weeks after buying it and a guy turned across traffic from the opposite lane directly in front of me going 45-50. I barely even got a foot on the brake before t-boning his passenger side. Amazingly, all I got was a stiff neck that went away for a couple weeks. Luckily, the other guy's insurance took full responsibility, totalled the ZR2 with bent frame and almost $30k in damage, and took care of me. I was certainly lucky, all things considered. That was the week before Thanksgiving last year. Two-weeks later I found my JLR, amazingly almost exactly as I had planned to order one before I decided to get the ZR2.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, were you t-boned? Mine was more like getting sideswiped, so hopefully it didnt do that much damage.. i was able to drive 10 mins away with no issues to the body shop after and didnt notice anything
Because of my fast reflexes, I avoided t-boning him - mostly. I hit the side of his Dodge Charger with my front right wheel, fender, end of front bumper. I was doing 40MPH but braked and swerved hard and fast, so I don’t know what our combined speed on impact was. That part was just a guess. I sincerely hope your crash was minor!!!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Be thorough on checking the front end. About 20 years ago I was going across an intersection that had traffic but had an opening to cross. A woman on the wrong side of the double yellow was trying to take a shortcut through a gas station. She hit my tire only about 10 mph. I stupidly got out assessed “no damage” and told her everything was ok. She drove away. I get back in my vehicle and when it came time to turn it felt like I had no power steering because she bent something in the front end. Now it was my problem not hers. Lesson learned.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
more pics

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg
I'm glad its only cosmetics, but I worry bout the wheel as it was hit during a turn. so hopefully no internal parts were damaged.

My neck is starting to feel a little sore now as well. The Wrangler bounced right off the F-250
It was a low speed, scraping blow. Minimal damage to your Jeep, except for a little scuffing. New fender, and bumper end, possibly entire plastic bumper.
I see these types of accidents almost every day. The only people I see complaining of sore necks, with this type of accidents, are those trying to scam money from the other person. Dont be that kind of guy. Accidents happen, roll with it.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Yeah take your time and get it thoroughly checked out by a body and frame shop you trust. Sometimes hidden damage shows up after the initial assessment and a relatively small claim becomes a not so small one.

Had a very close call the other day as this driver simply failed to shoulder check and almost caused a serious multi-car crash. The only thing that prevented this was my expectation that this might occur seconds before it happened. Fast evasive maneuvers and blasting the horn full on were key in this situation.

33C7A451-D325-418F-9AD5-5B45EB275B1E.png