Goodbye JL

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I enjoyed this forum since 2018 when I got my JLRU MT. The jeep gave me few headaches, most caused by myself. No complaints. Great car and fun to drive. Only reason to part ways with my Jeep is towing capacity. A few changes in my life and I found myself using my MB AMG being the one going where the Jeep was meant to go simply because the MB has double the towing capacity. Not a Jeep issue, but my own personal thing. Reluctantly bought truck, better tool for the purpose.
Keep it up guys, and keep the Jeep wave. Best wishes to all in this great community.
Regards
Torero
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I enjoyed this forum since 2018 when I got my JLRU MT. The jeep gave me few headaches, most caused by myself. No complaints. Great car and fun to drive. Only reason to part ways with my Jeep is towing capacity. A few changes in my life and I found myself using my MB AMG being the one going where the Jeep was meant to go simply because the MB has double the towing capacity. Not a Jeep issue, but my own personal thing. Reluctantly bought truck, better tool for the purpose.
Keep it up guys, and keep the Jeep wave. Best wishes to all in this great community.
Regards
Torero
I'm curious if you had considered a Gladiator and why it didn't make the cut for you.

Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Enjoy and we'll see you when the Jeep bug bites ya again.

🤙

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Regards
Torero
Well... You're still allowed to be on the forum. Stick around, even if you don't have the Jeep anymore.

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

id just leave the jeep at home and use one of my other vehicles to tow a trailer. and if you dont have another vehicle that can tow, rent one for the trip. cheaper than buying an AMG Benz lol.
unless you plan to tow a lot, then just buy an suv/truck that can handle the job, while keeping the jeep at home. the extra cost towards ze benz would be enough to buy a nice used Tahoe that would easily handle the job.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious if you had considered a Gladiator and why it didn't make the cut for you.
I did consider the Gladiator, but I think the Gladiator is compromise between the Jeep and the towing capacity of the other trucks. Decided to go for 10,000+ towing capacity. Go big or go home kind of thing.

OP
OP
Torero

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We were in a similar situation as you, but decided to keep the Wrangler and replaced our other car with a tow beast.

Jeep Wrangler JL Goodbye JL 20210903-172109_O9030044-A
See, my point exactly. I ended up taking the MB camping and hauling UTVs. The Jeep only around town, hehehe.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I can understand the reasoning. I am fortunate enough to be able to have both a truck and a Jeep. Cause if I had to only have one it wouldn't be the Jeep. I really like the Wrangler but it doesn't have the size and power I need when I need to do "truck" stuff.
Sponsored