Sponsored

Just to say goodbye...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Good luck with the Grand Cherokee. If one ever slipped past the goalie, that'd be my likely route aswell. Great vehicles.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Just wait until the boxes of Grand Cherokee parts start showing up in the driveway and the mods begin... whole new world.... enjoy!!!

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
That GC will have you wondering how you ever lived without such comfort and luxury and then you will be back.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I am trading my 2018 JL Wrangler for a new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. It's with mixed feelings as I still love my Wrangler. But it's a time of my life to become somewhat more practical. I don't routinely off road so this vehicle will be more practical but still have off road capability if needed.
We have both ( ‘20 GC High Altitude), and I wouldn’t say the GC is any more practical than the Wrangler. Both seat 5, both are 4x4, both get close to the same gas mileage (GC has a larger fuel tank by 4 gallons), both can carry large amounts of cargo, in fact, I prefer the Wrangler when purchasing items such as wood fencing or long items like baseboards because I can take the top off and transport more if the items at one time than I can in the GC.

Both have tow pkg & roof racks, both have nice leather interiors, 8.4” Nav, both have the cold weather pkg, etc.

Just something to think about if your only reason for trading is because you think the GC is more “practical”.

jhon wick

First Name
Jhon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestsavingscoupon.com
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I think you will definitely come back, because here I get very good information I am new member here but I'm very glad to join this form...and good luck for you.

BrierPatch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU80, 15 WK2, 13 Silverado 1500. Had: 02 TJ
We have both also, a 15 Grand Cherokee Summit and an 80th JLU. The air suspension on the grand may not be what you think it is, it sounds like I am hammering the suspension and there is no articulation when in the offroad 2 setting. I recommend test driving one and testing it first just so you know what you are getting yourself into. We love our grand (over 70K on it now) but we were so surprised when we got our 80th JLU (first 4 door for us) at how nice it drives, meaning smooth not steering, although I don't have any issues with the steering. Our JLU actually rides nicer over uneven and broken pavement than our grand does. I know the 20" wheels don't help the grand any, but we are still in disbelief that the JLU rides so nice. We keep thinking we're just being emotional or excited and it's not true, but we still notice it every time.

Good luck, and I know you will love the Grand. If you don't take the top off or doors off very much, then you probably won't miss the wrangler very much.

Jeeps.jpg

Sponsored

RabidBear

First Name
Rabid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Staff Software Engineer / DBA / SQL / ETL Developer
It's true, you'll be back. I traded my lifted and tricked out 2014 Sport in 2017 for a RAM1500 Laramie Longhorn. As nice as that truck was it sucked on trails. I lasted about three years until I decided I missed the Colorado trails being way back in the back country. Traded that truck for a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon. 25K miles and 10 BoH trails in a year and not going away again. Just wish that damn XR package had been available when I got mine. Oh well...... keep on building it.

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck. I’ve left wranglers 3 times. On my 7th one.

GC trail hawk is awesome, though.
Sponsored