Sponsored

Today we say goodbye...

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Just hit 45k on my February 2018 delivered JLUR. No issues at all since a minor uconnect issue early on that was a loose port. Other than that just the same as the the OP with windshield replacements due to the salt and stones use in winters here in MA. It has put through its paces as well.

IMG_20191020_232827_418.jpg
Sponsored

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
I was was wondering this the other day. When I hit the rear defrost button no light indicator comes on like when you hit the front defrost button .Is this normal or have I been driving around with a broken one too?
Hm, not sure! I know my rear defrosters burned off because there are scorch marks on the rear glass and the little tabs are burned completely off. My rear defroster light still comes on though.. I think the mirrors are tied to it as well.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I am just shy of 14,000 since I picked my ordered 2019 JLUR on July 15. I have not had a single issue. Fantastic vehicle and I hate driving anything else. Maybe the three week shutdown let the production engineers get everything dialed prior to restarting the plant.

Kiko S

First Name
Kiko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
...to my bumper-to-bumper warranty. I just hit 36,000 miles and my super early '18 JLUR is still going strong.

Other than the passenger folding latch on the rear seat seizing and breaking the latch (which was fixed under warranty), and a couple of broken windshields because Colorado doesn't sweep its streets ever, I still haven't had any issues with my Wrangler. I've beaten the shit out of this thing, taken it across six states and up into Canada, and it hasn't missed a beat.

I don't know what happened at the plant in early '18, but it seems like if you grabbed a JL that was built in late '17, you actually avoided a lot of the QC problems that popped up halfway through that model year. In fact, all the recalls I've had done were only to clear them from the system so that FCA would stop bugging me about it, not because I actually had issues with steering stabilizers or the cruise control or whatever.

That being said, my JL has been, surprisingly, one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. Of course, it'll be interesting to see if it remains that way through the next 36,000.

wheeling3.jpg
Oddly enough mine was built in December of 2017. I have 33000 miles and haven’t had any issues. Kept thinking maybe I was missing something or that since this is our 4th Jeep that maybe we just weren’t as sensitive to the steering issues but I’m starting to think that we just don’t have any of the issues

Sponsored

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 DOOR Rubi
Occupation
CSM, (Chief Sawdust Maker)
...to my bumper-to-bumper warranty. I just hit 36,000 miles and my super early '18 JLUR is still going strong.

Other than the passenger folding latch on the rear seat seizing and breaking the latch (which was fixed under warranty), and a couple of broken windshields because Colorado doesn't sweep its streets ever, I still haven't had any issues with my Wrangler. I've beaten the shit out of this thing, taken it across six states and up into Canada, and it hasn't missed a beat.

I don't know what happened at the plant in early '18, but it seems like if you grabbed a JL that was built in late '17, you actually avoided a lot of the QC problems that popped up halfway through that model year. In fact, all the recalls I've had done were only to clear them from the system so that FCA would stop bugging me about it, not because I actually had issues with steering stabilizers or the cruise control or whatever.

That being said, my JL has been, surprisingly, one of the most reliable vehicles I've ever owned. Of course, it'll be interesting to see if it remains that way through the next 36,000.

wheeling3.jpg
Yep i have a 2 door rubi 2018, just about 24k on it now, i have never had any of the issues you see reported here i would say my mix is 60% road 40% off road of that 80% craving and 20% easy trails.
I hope i have an other 24k miles with out major issues.

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Bought mine in late September with 9k on it. Currently almost 12k. Just splurged on the 7 year/100k max care.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Only 13k on mine. I had an ESS problem, had my welds checked, and a bug got in my instrument cluster that they wouldnt cover. The wife says it's cute and wants to name the jeep after it. Gibby. Ah, no...I dont name my rigs. ;)

My last TJ was a first year model and I had very few issues wrong with it. AC radiator or whatever its called and that was about it.

I think the 3.6 motor and tranny has already proven itself. I suspect that most of the things that go wrong will be the electrical gizmos on them. It will take some time before we see a pattern.

Things I did worry about but got over:
The FAD and it's housing. We've all seen a FEW pics of failures but I havent heard of any widespread issues.
The frame. It's very thin wall, crazy thin. Yet guys are wheeling the crap out of JL's and havent heard of issues.
The radiator is also alleged to be thin wall. Still no issues.
electric steering box. It's holding up thus far.
Probably more.

I think eventually we will see some pattern weaknesses, but overall this rig is a home run for me.

Xerox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dreaming of JEEP Rubicon
I've got just over 43k on my 18 JLUR. Picked it up in April, so it was an early build as well. No headaches that weren't my own doing. Went with Mopar lift, now on the MC 3.5 game changer. Getting the front driveshaft swapped this weekend along with and alignment. Fingers crossed it keeps on keeping on lol. Wheeled fine with the Mopar lift, just need/want more room to stretch the 37s. That have been in stock axles since about 7k.
ABar112,

Can you give an opinion between the Mopar and MC 3.5. Which shocks are you using on the GC? Also, can you say what the height difference is between the two?

Thanks

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
ABar112,

Can you give an opinion between the Mopar and MC 3.5. Which shocks are you using on the GC? Also, can you say what the height difference is between the two?

I honestly don't feel like one drives better than the other. I haven't taken it off road yet with the new setup,so just talking highway driving for now. I'm using the rocksport shocks for now. I imagine the guys/gals with the six packs will say that's the difference. If the fox shocks were as long as the rocksports, I would have left them on, but there is a good difference in the shock length. I think it was like three inches or so. The height I can't give you an accurate one. I have teraflex 1/2" pucks on front and back (installed on the Jeep for both lifts), and then I have the oem steel bumpers and all the MC skids underneath. I want to say it went up about two inches and my 37s now look small. I noticed the height difference gettingin and out. My daughter really noticed it as she's 4'11.

Sorry, I'm sure that's not nearly as helpful as you had hoped it would have been.

Thanks
Sponsored