• Front Camera
  • 4 Hi locker
  • Offroad + switch
  • Bigger axles without FAD
  • Fox Shocks
  • Gobi color
  • Stronger Rims
  • TPMS hi/low settings
  • New higher flow grill and the bigger fan (call it a hot climate package)
  • I'm sure there is more I'm missing
Why the high flow fan or bigger grille? I've heard of no overheating issues of any kind with the JL, but instead I've heard complaints of the high flow fan. (Not from me, though!)

Why stronger rims? Again, I've heard of nobody breaking or cracking them. I ran mine brutally hard for a week in Moab with no issues. In fact, I've never broken or cracked a factory rim off any of my Jeeps, including the JK which had the factory rims on for over 120k miles and many, many, hard off road trips.

I do agree with the 4hi locker. I'm going to put my own front camera on with the Tazer, and it will be in what I think is a much better location for practical use off road.

The Fox shocks will be great, but the current Rubi shocks are very good, too. I've got the Mopar lift, so Fox shocks are available there.

TPMS settings would be great. Lawyers will never let it happen. Get a Tazer.

The 4 hi locker would be neat, but I just don't know where I'd use it. The traction control works very well in hi, even on slick, algae covered steep boat ramps.

I'd also like to have the sway bar disconnect in high range. I think the Tazer allows for it, but I haven't tried to find that yet with mine.
Sponsored

szobell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Why the high flow fan or bigger grille? I've heard of no overheating issues of any kind with the JL, but instead I've heard complaints of the high flow fan. (Not from me, though!)

Why stronger rims? Again, I've heard of nobody breaking or cracking them. I ran mine brutally hard for a week in Moab with no issues. In fact, I've never broken or cracked a factory rim off any of my Jeeps, including the JK which had the factory rims on for over 120k miles and many, many, hard off road trips.

I do agree with the 4hi locker. I'm going to put my own front camera on with the Tazer, and it will be in what I think is a much better location for practical use off road.

The Fox shocks will be great, but the current Rubi shocks are very good, too. I've got the Mopar lift, so Fox shocks are available there.

TPMS settings would be great. Lawyers will never let it happen. Get a Tazer.

The 4 hi locker would be neat, but I just don't know where I'd use it. The traction control works very well in hi, even on slick, algae covered steep boat ramps.

I'd also like to have the sway bar disconnect in high range. I think the Tazer allows for it, but I haven't tried to find that yet with mine.
FYI - the adjustable TPMS with horn beep when you hit desired pressure up or down IS part of the Gladiator.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
FYI - the adjustable TPMS with horn beep when you hit desired pressure up or down IS part of the Gladiator.
Ok, I haven't seen that yet. It would be nice. Do you have a link?

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Wow, guys save up your money, my Son in laws Rubicon was 54K plus and it has none of that stuff you're hoping for!! lol

What no electric tailgate, and look at those great H/T in some of the pics?Must be "Overland" models with Selec-Trac? I've got a whole set of those H/T's in my Garage almost new, replaced by Falken ATW's

Go Jeep!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I am very happy that FCA has gone thru with the production of the WRANGLER "GLADIATOR"-----

I don't like it and have NO INTENTION of even getting one--with a 138" wheelbase, it'll be a good HIWAY JEEP !

W.E.

JIMBO

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
How about the rear seat fold down strap loop handle? Instead of the flimsy plastic levers that are breaking in the JL?

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
This whole discussion really needs to take place over in the Gladiator Forum when questioning differences. They are 2 different vehicles even though the front part looks the same. Each have different features and options and uses. Don't expect the 2 to ever be the same. They shouldn't. I wouldn't want my Jeep to look like a Ram truck or have the same features.

Just my opinion. Your opinion may vary. :flag:

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
The front trail camera is available on 2019 wranglers I think. The problem with Wranglers is it's really hard to hide stuff. That camera looks like a chinese aftermarket idea, not something from the factory.
There is an opportunity here. Someone needs to create an LED lightbar, with a small camera in place of one of the small leds.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
There's several things that caught my interest. There's certainly the front camera (one articles suggests that the grill openings are a little wider for additional cooling so not sure its a direct fit). I also noticed that there is another button above the sway bar disconnect called Off Road +. Is that the rear sway bar disconnect? I like the cubbys under the rear seat and the removable radio is really neat.
In a video I saw they said there is the option to engage the rear lockers only and have them active at higher speeds.
Sponsored