Really great Bronco features you'd like in the Wrangler

rallydefault

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I hope it pans out well. My wife wants a loaded 2 door Badlands, so my fingers are crossed for a drama free experience.
I am hesitant. Ford made a big mistake doing all that marketing so early. I know they didn't account for more of the recent delays, but having literally a year for all this stuff to marinate has let the hype come waaaaaaaay down for people like me.

I'm just really worried a Base bronco is gonna be way under the capability of a sport.
Advertisement

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am hesitant. Ford made a big mistake doing all that marketing so early. I know they didn't account for more of the recent delays, but having literally a year for all this stuff to marinate has let the hype come waaaaaaaay down for people like me.

I'm just really worried a Base bronco is gonna be way under the capability of a sport.
Agreed, they should've gotten their affairs better put together so they could strike the iron while it was hot.

As far as capability, it really just comes down to your intended use. The Wrangler Sport is a dual market segment vehicle, for those on a strict budget or those wanting a clean slate for skies the limit building. Theres already an established plethora of aftermarket options, which are generally of higher quality at a lower price than Mopars offerings.

A base bronco can be built up, but one is limited to Fords parts that will undoubtedly be as champagne priced as Mopar. Also, I predict a long lag time for the big aftermarket names to support it. And when it does, it'll most likely be spearheaded by things along the lines of angry eye grills and rgb lighting. If things like lift kits ever emerge, they'll be incredibly priced to be done right, or they'll be comparable to spacer lifts. All show and no go.

To wrap up this babble, the base Bronco with sasquatch lift and 35's has the benefit of the 44 axles and the JL Sport with a comparable lift and 35's the ability to articulate at a higher degree. Again, the big question is what type of terrain are you wanting to traverse.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cool...I wasnt talking about selling tires or tire poke...was simply replying to Sean saying 35" tires on beadlock capable wheels from the factory is unique.
Yeah, forgive me, was just trying to add the flip side of the coin like Sean would. Lol

danm

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
The few things Ford did with the Bronco that Jeep could learn from...
1. The option packages. The fact that the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim level opens up a word of possibilities. Imagine a Sport Wrangler with Rubicon package where you get lockers, a lift and 35’s. If the Ford world, you upgrade trim if you want more tech, not more off-road features... makes sense.
2. Marine grade vinyl seats. Makes sense for an off-road vehicle. My YJ had it years ago, was great. Should be an option today.
3. Technology. Jeep has been slow to adopt modern tech like rain sensitive wipers, auto lane centering, power memory seats etc... I get it... it’s a Wrangler, but some people like tech. Make it available.

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
The few things Ford did with the Bronco that Jeep could learn from...
1. The option packages. The fact that the Sasquatch is a package and not a trim level opens up a word of possibilities. Imagine a Sport Wrangler with Rubicon package where you get lockers, a lift and 35’s. If the Ford world, you upgrade trim if you want more tech, not more off-road features... makes sense.
2. Marine grade vinyl seats. Makes sense for an off-road vehicle. My YJ had it years ago, was great. Should be an option today.
3. Technology. Jeep has been slow to adopt modern tech like rain sensitive wipers, auto lane centering, power memory seats etc... I get it... it’s a Wrangler, but some people like tech. Make it available.
It's 2021, make LED lighting and proximity locks standard. It's a simple money grab for FCA bc they haven't had any competition and could get away with charging for it. Really glad to see the bronco coming..

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
It's 2021, make LED lighting and proximity locks standard. It's a simple money grab for FCA bc they haven't had any competition and could get away with charging for it. Really glad to see the bronco coming..
No thanks. Making certain things standard, rather than having them as an option would have a negative impact on sales.

danm

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
No thanks. Making certain things standard, rather than having them as an option would have a negative impact on sales.
One thing’s for sure, there’s no reason for the Wrangler to have a 5” radio standard. Touch screens are a dime a dozen these days.

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Why would standardizing LED lights and proximity locks hurt sales? Most other vehicle MFG's have been including that as standard equipment for years.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Why would standardizing LED lights and proximity locks hurt sales? Most other vehicle MFG's have been including that as standard equipment for years.
Led lights don't generate enough heat and allow snow and ice build up in extremely cold climates. Proximity locks add cost, higher cost hurts sales, especially when that added cost is being charged to a customer in Florida who will never have the doors on their rig. A stripped down base model is very attractive to certain buyers, especially in the most utilitarian vehicle on the market.

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Led lights don't generate enough heat and allow snow and ice build up in extremely cold climates. Proximity locks add cost, higher cost hurts sales, especially when that added cost is being charged to a customer in Florida who will never have the doors on their rig. A stripped down base model is very attractive to certain buyers, especially in the most utilitarian vehicle on the market.
Meh...the cost to install proximity locks during assembly is minimal. I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things. Now that the base bronco has these things included, let's watch FCA magically elect to follow suit in the 2022 or 2023 model year. :beer:

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Meh...the cost to install proximity locks during assembly is minimal. I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things. Now that the base bronco has these things included, let's watch FCA magically elect to follow suit in the 2022 or 2023 model year. :beer:
Comparing what other manufacturers do to the only topless, doorless, offroad model on the market for the last 40 years is kind of a moot point in my opinion. Nobody else offers front and rear lockers or sway bar disconnects either, maybe jeep should get rid of them? The bronco is Ford's knock off of a Wrangler, not the other way around. In my opinion, adding the offroad goodies as an option to the base model would do more for sales than adding more tech. There is still a large population of the jeep community that doesn't want tech features at all, moreso than any other vehicle in America for sure.

Strommen95

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito Sport S JLU
I'd wager the vast majority of JL buyers prefer LED lighting and it wouldn't hurt sales. Otherwise, most other vehicle MFG's wouldn't have elected to standardize these things.
A Jeep Wrangler is a Jeep Wrangler. It's not every other vehicle out there... Who cares what other manufacturers do? The Wrangler is the standard in it's market and always be. Many Wrangler owners, including myself want to keep it as utilitarian as possible relative to modern standards. It should never be compared to other manufacturers.

Adding both options would increase the base MSRP. More importantly many buyers just don't want extra options regardless of cost. LEDs are way too bright for city driving, they struggle with snow and even though they physically are nice it takes away from the "classic" look of a Jeep. Proximity is just something I don't want either. Leave Jeeps as customizable as possible and let the owner decide.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So, there's a yearning for the Rubicon options to be made available to the Sport model and the death of the 5" radio? Isn't that the definition of a stripped down Rubicon?

If anything, I'd vote for the 3 main models to remain as is, but to standardize the 44's.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement