Sponsored

Auto-On Comfort Features

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody have a problem with the Auto-on feature? When I first got my 2018 JL and used the remote start, the heated seats, heated wheel, and heater started. Now, the heat starts up but the wheel and seat heaters won't turn on...any ideas?
Sponsored

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
Anybody have a problem with the Auto-on feature? When I first got my 2018 JL and used the remote start, the heated seats, heated wheel, and heater started. Now, the heat starts up but the wheel and seat heaters won't turn on...any ideas?
The default setting is for the seat and wheel warming features to turn on when the outside temperature is 39 degrees or colder. I believe you can change auto-on settings in the UConnect menus.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Uconnect should have an option for "Auto Comfort Systems" then "Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel With Vehicle Start"

Check to see if the temp is changeable, I don't have heated seat or steering, so I am not sure.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Uconnect should have an option for "Auto Comfort Systems" then "Auto-On Driver Heated/Ventilated Seat & Steering Wheel With Vehicle Start"

Check to see if the temp is changeable, I don't have heated seat or steering, so I am not sure.
You can't change the temp, only thing you can set is if the auto-on is for remote starts or all starts (or neither of course). Either way they only come on if the detected outdoor temp at time of start is under 40 degrees.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
I wonder if Tazer can add a program to change that, that would be interesting.
I know people that are cold when it is 70 degrees out.
FCA should have made that temp adjustable for people with ice butts and hands lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
All good points! I think that's it. The temps have been wavering around the 30's so there must be a degree where it either goes on or not. Thank folks for helping!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I have found it depends on the outside temp. If it is cold enough out the defrost blower blasts on full speed after the Jeep is started and then as soon as you open the door it stops. I think they were trying to be smart about it and assume there may be frost on the windshield at certain temps.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
I wonder if Tazer can add a program to change that, that would be interesting.
I know people that are cold when it is 70 degrees out.
FCA should have made that temp adjustable for people with ice butts and hands lol
Or their Jeep is in a garage that is above 40 when it is colder out and you still want them on.

OP
OP

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the input. I went back to the manual (I know, tough to admit). It said the heated seats and steering wheel heaters won't turn on at 40 degrees or above. Ya, the heater/AC does come on but not the others. I'm in New England, so it is starting to warm up, a little.
Sponsored