Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
1.06 billion cars X 4.2 tons CO2. Ya your right why bother! 🤦‍♂️
Jeep Wrangler JL General thoughts on ICE depreciation? 09108281-2420-4141-BEC4-95336C06BB46
Jeep Wrangler JL General thoughts on ICE depreciation? 8ECE5E90-2F65-49A5-8D43-3CFEABFA0216
Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
but we've already done *some*, so we don't want to do any more.

besides, there might be another volcano, or a meteorite,.. so why bother, right?

1.06 billion cars X 4.2 tons CO2. Ya your right why bother! 🤦‍♂️
Jeep Wrangler JL General thoughts on ICE depreciation? 8ECE5E90-2F65-49A5-8D43-3CFEABFA0216

Bmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2012 JK, 2011 WK2 5.7
...It may very well be the least efficient form of energy but now I am not dependent on the grid for my power and heating/cooling plus my vehicles are getting charged thanks to the sun...
👍This 10x. As soon as I officially retire and escape from the cesspool known as ILLinois I want to buy lakefront property where I can have a well/septic (as I do now) and solar so I can be self-sufficient from the gyrations of power outages. I'd have solar now but with a 5yr retirement window it's not worth it where I am.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
When I went to Amsterdam and found out that the majority of the Taxis were Teslas, it got me thinking. Tesla is an American owned company and the Teslas that I were riding in were most likely built in America (at the time, the Euro plant was not done) by Americans. When I go back next month, I am expecting to see lots of Jeeps as the HQ is in that city but I doubt it. I suspect, it'll be full (except for the bazillion bicycles) of a bunch of those American cars that are called Teslas that they use for taxis. It confuses me that for a company that is doing exactly what we want except for one item (non ICE) that they are thrown under the bus by so many. It's ironic to see Texas will be the EV capital of the world since Tesla moved there.
Comparing a small European country to the US is apples to oranges. Hell comparing Europe to the US is also not comparable.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

As soon as I officially retire and escape from the cesspool known as ILLinois I want to buy lakefront property where I can have a well/septic (as I do now) and solar so I can be self-sufficient from the gyrations of power outages. I'd have solar now but with a 5yr retirement window it's not worth it where I am.
Man, ain't that the dream, though? My own little country-within-a-country where I'm self-sufficient and pull my living from the land itself.

I'm financially on track to buy land in the next 2 years and I can't wait.
Sponsored