Sponsored

Depreciation on loaded '18 JLUR - sale/trade-in experiences

Yeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Turbo Diesel
I have owned six Wranglers, from mild to wild. I get bored easy. I really need to stop buying $hit. I’m going on my 50th vehicle in the last 15 years, and that doesn’t include my motorcycle purchases.
Are we twins? Lol. I own 7 guitars and don’t even know how to play!
Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I haven’t been offered anywhere close to KBB value for my Wrangler that is for sale. Every person that reaches out to me sites they can get a new one for a heavy discount.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I haven’t been offered anywhere close to KBB value for my Wrangler that is for sale. Every person that reaches out to me sites they can get a new one for a heavy discount.
You won’t get any value for mods (99% of the time) - residual value is based on years of ownership not months - Wranglers depreciate like any other vehicle when you drive off the lot, they just hold there value better over time.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You won’t get any value for mods (99% of the time) - residual value is based on years of ownership not months - Wranglers depreciate like any other vehicle when you drive off the lot, they just hold there value better over time.
I agree with that, but in the past, I have been able to sell my JKs after owning them less than a year for about what I paid. So far, the JL is another story. My only hope is someone wants a JLR with a 3.6 manual, because they are about impossible to find on a dealers lot.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
I agree with that, but in the past, I have been able to sell my JKs after owning them less than a year for about what I paid. So far, the JL is another story. My only hope is someone wants a JLR with a 3.6 manual, because they are about impossible to find on a dealers lot.
How do you like the 6 speed manual? And I would be interested in a 2dr rubi once I get the 4dr paid off. lol

Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Traded my January build, $54K MSRP Rubicon with 5K on the odo for only $8K under. That would be $6K less than I paid, however. Bought a September build Rubicon with the newly released Sky One Touch roof. I knew going in that I would take a hit as the biggest depreciation hit is the first year.

Your deal sounds way too low!
Why did you do that ?

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
You might need to get patient with selling that manual. Last manual car I tried to sell, I couldn’t find a buyer who could drive it.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might need to get patient with selling that manual. Last manual car I tried to sell, I couldn’t find a buyer who could drive it.
True. I know my setup with a soft top, six speed manual will only be attractive to a certain buyer.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you like the 6 speed manual? And I would be interested in a 2dr rubi once I get the 4dr paid off. lol
I like the feel of the shifter, but do not like the gearing in the transmission along with the oem tune. They don’t play well together.

cjkriza

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I bought a used 2018 JLU Sport S and found the previous owners contact info in the glove box. He paid $39k for it new and traded it a year later and the dealer gave him $28,500. Hard top, auto, remote start, 7” screen.

The dealer then added $5k in lift, wheels, tires, etc (I saw the invoice from the third party outfitter that did the work) and sold it to me $33,900. Didn’t make any crazy margin on it but the dealer said it was priced incorrectly. Who knows.

But he basically took a $10k loss in 20,000 miles
Sponsored