NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the modeling clay idea . You could make a big modeling clay ridge, starting about three inches high , and sticking outwards about three inches , and slant it downwards towards the outside , and gradually slope it backwards to a cliff past the door ; like a cliff ridge . lol .
Maybe we're just looking at this wrong... Maybe what we need is a small air hose in the front end of the rain channel to blow the water towards the aft end of the rain channel? :)

Or maybe we just need to park with one side higher than the other? I'm thinking that if we park like this, it won't be a problem:

jeep-parking.jpg
Sponsored

GordonZoo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram ED
Occupation
Most Everything
So far, this Jeep greatly exceeded my expectations. If a little water in my lap is the only thing I need to worry about then I'm a happy customer. Now looking at this a little closer. I believe an 1/2" extended channel that veers outward on each side would pour the stream in a manor that would just go over the foot sill. Maybe a molded piece of fiberglass and paint it the color of your choice. The clay idea to first test out the best shape would be the first step.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Just posting to say I LOVE THE OCEAN BLUE.

incline parking, have hubby make a fix for it, to divert the water, I agree its annoying.
@40k+ is it too much to ask that rain doesn't stream into the vehicle and get your seat and floor wet? I don't think that's asking too much.

Sponsored

thefrog

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6 speed manual
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this has been an issue going back several Jeep generations (YJ & TJ). My JK certainly had the same exact issue. If this were the case, then there is no way that Jeep designers haven't known about it for years. Who knows why no one has thought of addressing the issue... Again, my entire post could be wrong too - LOL.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
Rain making its way into a convertible is pretty normal.
Rain coming into a Jeep has been a part of the Jeep experience for years. When I was 18 one of our Jeeps never had a top. Just a bunch of rain slicks and trash bags in the glove box. Rain?
Altough it has always been "A Jeep thing", I think, I might just have to buy one of those rain diverter gadgets, because it is a little annoying at a drive up window.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
How about airbag suspension in the front that would raise the front 2-3” when shifted into park when rain sensors are activated?

Motorized squeegee system that automatically squeegees the water out of the gutter?

Motorized gutter extention that automatically extends when you open the door?

Cut the damn gutter off the roof. Do they really do any good other than to mount a low weight roof rack?

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Wondering if Jeep ever drove their test mules in the rain? What you think @JeepCares ?
Drive them in the rain? Hell, apparently they didn't even drive them down a 55 MPH highway while it was sunny and 75. Otherwise we wouldn't have ended up with 100 "steering issues" threads.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR

Sponsored

[o!!!!!!!o]

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Venice, Florida (Currently out of country)
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Custom, Grand Cherokee, Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Contractor, Consultant
Wondering if Jeep ever drove their test mules in the rain? What you think @JeepCares ?
Wow. Looks like they only tested these vehicles in the Desert South West,... If that's what I have coming, I'm going to be p!$$@d. Time to start a hard demand for the remedy. 54K to miss something this patently clear point of dissatisfaction?

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Wow. Looks like they only tested these vehicles in the Desert South West,... If that's what I have coming, I'm going to be p!$$@d. Time to start a hard demand for the remedy. 54K to miss something this patently clear point of dissatisfaction?
Perhaps you've forgotten the desert southwest has monsoon season. :D

There's really no excuse for this one.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps you've forgotten the desert southwest has monsoon season. :D

There's really no excuse for this one.
Well, it they truly had monsoons, it probably wouldn't be a *desert*... :)

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase