Sponsored

Geez, Rain Rail Design Fail

[o!!!!!!!o]

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Venice, Florida (Currently out of country)
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Custom, Grand Cherokee, Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Contractor, Consultant
Perhaps you've forgotten the desert southwest has monsoon season. :D

There's really no excuse for this one.
Um, excuse me. Desert Monsoon has Zero to do with real Monsoon conditions. Yeah, local and periodic downpours can be ridiculous and extreme, for U.S. Experiences. Be stationed in South Asia, this is Monsoon. I'm extremely familiar with the U.S. Desert South West, nothing compared to Asian Monsoons. Those storms and weather patterns in U.S. Southwest can be quit fantastic; be entrenched in a Southern Asian Monsoon and you'll appreciate rainfall and heavy weather.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm getting tired of the "Its a jeep they do this" or the "Its just water.." etc type of comments. Ya that might have been good way back when jeeps were 25k loaded but now the idiot morons at JEEP feel these awesome vehicles are worth 40+ Grand. This type of crap is unacceptable.

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting tired of the "Its a jeep they do this" or the "Its just water.." etc type of comments. Ya that might have been good way back when jeeps were 25k loaded but now the idiot morons at JEEP feel these awesome vehicles are worth 40+ Grand. This type of crap is unacceptable.
Gotta pay for all those stupid electric gizmos that will break and make the dealership even more money.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Gotta pay for all those stupid electric gizmos that will break and make the dealership even more money.
Have to wonder if Jeep keeps raising the MSRP ( 2 price increases since launch) to help cover the cost of warranty repairs!

I understand supply and demand, but for Jeep to raise the MSRP and destination fee for a second time already just seems utterly absurd. Makes the FCA Executives look like idiots. What, they couldn't price it correct the first time?

Maybe they are trying to reduce sticker shock when 2019 models are released at even higher MSRP.

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
They stopped making the drip rail extension 4 years ago. Maybe if enough JL owners contacted them they would start to make them again.
I reached out to this company today and received a reply. They are currently working on a JL version and should be available in a matter of weeks. And they said they are still making the JK rails.

Regardless, an aftermarket solution is in the works.

costelj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 LR4
I reached out to this company today and received a reply. They are currently working on a JL version and should be available in a matter of weeks. And they said they are still making the JK rails.

Regardless, an aftermarket solution is in the works.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

SunriseJeep

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited (ordered)
It’s a Jeep. They all do this. It’s just water. Maybe we need a poll for the best useless answer?
The issue exist on 2 door, 4 door, soft top, hard top. We’ll live with it but what this is is a design defect. :rain:
My Sisters JK does not have water poring in on the seat or the floor when she opens the door.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
My 10 cent temporary solution. It's raining today, and the water drips on the door sill instead of inside. Not perfect, but step 1. It's 4" of soft rubber edge trim. I lifted the Freedom Panel a little to insert it. It stays on it's own for now...

IMG_20180725_094353.jpg

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Living in Florida where it rains every day I've only experienced this issue 2 or 3 times and wasn't too bothered. I always assumed a bead of silicone at the end of the rail would stop it, and force the water to stay put or drain backwards, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
I also have the RC 2.5in lift which is 2.5in in front and 2in in the rear so that could also play a factor in how the water is draining.

Sponsored

emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I experienced this for the first time this past weekend since first buying my JLU back in November. I live in the Northwest where it rains ALL THE TIME. I've owned Wranglers in the past and have never experienced anything quite like this before. I'm not convinced the standing water is coming from the gutter, or at least is the only source. I brushed out all the water out of the gutter and was still streaming into the interior. It appears it is also streaming in from where the windshield meets the hardtop. The below image is a screen grab from another post, but I've circled where I believe the water is also coming in from.

I've sent an inquiry to the service manager where I have my JL serviced. I've asked if he's heard or seen similar issues. I'll update when I hear back.

upload_2018-12-17_9-10-17.png

emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you. Mines on right now for this reason even I know there's no fix.
that was a great video and exactly describes/shows the issue I'm experiencing. I included that link to the email I sent my service manager...

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is this every single JL? Good gosh.
Sponsored