Gas Cap Cover

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Mopar cover and then Mopar keyed locking gas cap. Complete the picture!
There are actually two Mopar caps that lock. The one I bought came with the parts to key it yourself with the flip-out key on the Fob, or have a dealer do it. Then there is the one that just comes with two keys.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I ordered my Mopar gas cover through Amazon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gas  Cap Cover Fuel Door

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary JLU
Here's a link to the CJ Pony parts site. Several pictures of back of unit. I can't see a separate gasket.
Mopar 82215122 Wrangler JL Fuel Door Chrome With Jeep Grille Logo Jeep 2018-2021 (cjponyparts.com)
Thanks! Yeah I chatted with XT this morning and they said no gasket, and they are not aware of any aftermarket fuel door that has one.

Oh well...seems like it would be a nice feature.

After removing the stock doorless fuel tub and installing the aftermarket fuel door, I don't see how water won't get in there. :facepalm:

There is a drain opening at the back of the rear quarter panel which might drain most water, but seems water could lay in the bottom. Guess we'll see...

The plastic ring on the higher quality fuel doors might provide a good enough seal, but I'm not confident in the one I bought.

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
You Guys/Gals that have a fuel door, might be interested in a hook on the fuel door. Using the hook keeps the gas cap off of the paint, off of the dirt/mud/snow/sand/ice on the JL.

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-456780

If you have a few minutes read through that thread and hear about all the "hacks"....
I read that hack. Just need to pick up a cheap black cable management clip to modify and will be installing one.

Sponsored

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar cover and then Mopar keyed locking gas cap. Complete the picture!
There are actually two Mopar caps that lock. The one I bought came with the parts to key it yourself with the flip-out key on the Fob, or have a dealer do it. Then there is the one that just comes with two keys.
Yup! I bought the locking Mopar gas cap and keyed it myself. I went with this aftermarket fuel door to be a little customized. They custom powder coated the ring, door and overlay the way I wanted it for $110 including the cost of the fuel door. I just wish the fuel door they used was a little better quality and fit better than it does.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gas  Cap Cover 20210313_123348

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You Guys/Gals that have a fuel door, might be interested in a hook on the fuel door. Using the hook keeps the gas cap off of the paint, off of the dirt/mud/snow/sand/ice on the JL.

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-456780

If you have a few minutes read through that thread and hear about all the "hacks"....
Thanks for posting! Yes, I wanted to find a way to keep the cap off my paint. For the cost, Mopar should have included one on their fuel doors. 🙃

My Pathfinder had a nice little cap holder right on the inside of the fuel door.

It's the little things...

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BackToWrangler

First Name
Chris
Threads