Vehicle Showcase

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
There were no fuses or relays in the fuse box for the aux locations and the fuses don't sit in the box well they just slip in and out very loosely.
OK. Just realized what you meant by slipping in and out. You were talking about the Main PDC. The slippage is caused by a lack of terminals in the block. It was never wired from the factory. If the AUX switches were factory installed those positions would be already filled.

The customer installed AUX switches do NOT use the main PDC but the supplied in-line fuses and remote PDC found in the Mopar kit.

Are you sure you pinned/repinned the terminals correctly? Read in another post about loose/poor connections.

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
OK. Just realized what you meant by slipping in and out. You were talking about the Main PDC. The slippage is caused by a lack of terminals in the block. It was never wired from the factory. If the AUX switches were factory installed those positions would be already filled.

The customer installed AUX switches do NOT use the main PDC but the supplied in-line fuses and remote PDC found in the Mopar kit.

Are you sure you pinned/repinned the terminals correctly? Read in another post about loose/poor connections.
I will have to recheck

Sponsored

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you own a multimeter? If so... start at the beginning.
1. power at battery
2. power at fuses
3. power on hot side of relay
4. power to switches
5. power from switches
6. power at load side of relay
7. power at either internal or external pigtails
I have tried everything I can think of checking. the only thing is the multi meter. I see i can get for about 12 dollars. Never use so how would I go about checking all the locations you mentioned?

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing else is to have the service department at the dealer check the on off battery which I have no Idea how that would be affecting this situation. However I need to get them to fix this as well!

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I checked the 5th fuse and it is fine. I just rechecked all connections and still no power.
That's unfortunate... when you get this resolved, please share what the problem was. I'm curious.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm currently experiencing this. I installed mine. They have nothing to do with the PDC by battery. So forget about those fuses. Are you sure you connected the orange wire correctly by passenger footwell. Thats the only thing I'm thinking about with mine. Everything else looks good even that 5th fuse by the batter.

What programmer did you use? supposedly the Superchips Flash Cal needs a few activates for it to stick. I'm going to mess around with it more.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
False alarm. I just needed to re-seat the Switch Plug behind the switch panel.
Sponsored