Fuses for Aux switches

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
I had to get new fuses and relays after installing the Aux switches and none fit in and none are clicking into the fuse box. Anyone have Idea about this? Not getting any power after install.
Sponsored

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 JLS, 1997 TJ & 2003 KJ
I had to get new fuses and relays after installing the Aux switches and none fit in and none are clicking into the fuse box. Anyone have Idea about this? Not getting any power after install.
Did you install yourself or dealer install?

If yourself... The dealer needs to flash the computer to tell the system you now have aux switches installed.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like you installed yourself... If so, you'd have to get the dealer to flash unless you can on your own.

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you install yourself or dealer install?

If yourself... The dealer needs to flash the computer to tell the system you now have aux switches installed.
It has been flashed and showing on the Uconnect. I did it myself as far as install

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There were no fuses or relays in the fuse box for the aux locations and the fuses don't sit in the box well they just slip in and out very loosely.

Sponsored

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AuxPowerLocation.png
There were no fuses or relays in the fuse box for the aux locations and the fuses don't sit in the box well they just slip in and out very loosely.
Which fuse block? From my understanding the fuses are independent of a fuse block and is located within the engine compartment along the firewall with the PDC for aux switches next to the coolant reservoir also at the firewall.

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that but the block has relays ans fuses listed as well and I read someone else the dealers had to install a fuse so I added the ones that show for HD ACCY #1 thru #4 — If Equipped10 Amp Red Micro, 15 Amp Blue Micro, also relays K17, 18, 20 and 21. still no power only thing left is to go back and check my connections but the uconnect is flassed and says it showing the switches

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The block on driver-side near the coolant reservoir is for the relays. I think the OP is at the fuse box by the battery.

Are there female connectors in the fuse slots? I'm sure you know which fuses to use, but there isn't much information to go on.

Where did you ground?

Last edited:

joshua.mcguoirk

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you own a multimeter? If so... start at the beginning.
1. power at battery
2. power at fuses
3. power on hot side of relay
4. power to switches
5. power from switches
6. power at load side of relay
7. power at either internal or external pigtails

Sponsored

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The block on driver-side near the cooloant reservoir is for the relays. I think the OP is at the fuse box by the battery.

Are there female connectors in the fuse slots? I'm sure you know which fuses to use, but there isn't much nformation to go on.

Where did you ground?
It dose not feel like any thing in the fuse box is catching so do not think so. I pulled out a couple of the other fuses in the box and they catch but not the ones I installed

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh... and not to be a wise guy... are they connected to the battery?
Yes the battery connected to the auto on off needs to be checked and I have read a number of post about it blowing when the negative connection next to the battery is disconnected.

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the battery connected to the auto on off needs to be checked and I have read a number of post about it blowing when the negative connection next to the battery is disconnected.
main battery is connected!

OP
OP
GWM4Tennis

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The block on driver-side near the cooloant reservoir is for the relays. I think the OP is at the fuse box by the battery.

Are there female connectors in the fuse slots? I'm sure you know which fuses to use, but there isn't much nformation to go on.

Where did you ground?
grounded next to battery on the 3rd bolt