Sponsored

Fuse Block Terminal Connections

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I would think seeing 12V voltage on an N post would indicate a working fuse, but I am not sure if it can be tested this way with these high amp fuses. I'm used to a burnt fuse creating an open circuit.

Thank you very much. I've already ordered a spare 68368854AA based on your older excellent posts. đź‘Ť
@demisx

DO, make up a fused bypass jumper and keep that with you too...

--> I was talking a fuse array already pulled from the JL/JT and testing it... Sure testing it while it is installed is a different story probably...
Sponsored

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

@demisx

DO, make up a fused bypass jumper and keep that with you too...
Will do! Actually, have all necessary parts on order. Also, thanks to your previous posts. :)

--> I was talking a fuse array already pulled from the JL/JT and testing it... Sure testing it while it is installed is a different story probably...
Got it. Sorry, I missed that part.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Can those high amp fuses be checked for continuity with an ohm meter like regular fuses? I’m having hard time finding instructions on how to test this Z array. Need to verify that none of mine are blown.
Yes, they are regular fuses. You should be able to check from the battery or N2 (the battery connects to N2) to the rest of the terminals.

Notams

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 1969 Mustang, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple, 1990 Yamaha FZR 600
@Rhinebeck01 (or anyone that knows) - What is the difference between the 68368853AA and 68368854AA (tow package). I'm asking because the previous owner self installed the tow package and I'm not sure he did it correctly. Starting with attaching something(I'm assuming trailer brake wiring) to the Z Case Fuse Array.

I had to bring the Jeep into the dealership yesterday for a completely dead battery(s) even after having been on the trickle charger for 24 hrs (still installed with all connections intact). Required a jump to get it started.

Anyway, dealership told me that someone had over tightened an add on wire to the TIPM and that they broke the fuse box. That was the cause for the discharge. Of course, not covered under warranty and they said I needed the entire fuse box replaced for $700. I told them to send me a pic of the damage. Called them back and told them I will fix it in 10 minutes and for $50 in parts with a new Z Fuse Array. They started to back pedal a bit by saying "Oh yeah. We know about that but the plastic is broken and FCA won't let us attach that with broken plastic". Right. So I told them to just put it back together and I will pick it up.

So with that said, I am going to order a new Z Case Fuse Array and after reading your post, I now realize there are two different types. One for tow package, one without. So wondering what the actual difference is between the two. I can look at the number on the old broken one when I get it back but like I said, the previous owner may not have done it right.

Thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuse Block Terminal Connections Fuse Array (2)
Jeep Wrangler JL Fuse Block Terminal Connections Fuse Array

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 (or anyone that knows) - What is the difference between the 68368853AA and 68368854AA (tow package). I'm asking because the previous owner self installed the tow package and I'm not sure he did it correctly. Starting with attaching something(I'm assuming trailer brake wiring) to the Z Case Fuse Array.

I had to bring the Jeep into the dealership yesterday for a completely dead battery(s) even after having been on the trickle charger for 24 hrs (still installed with all connections intact). Required a jump to get it started.

Anyway, dealership told me that someone had over tightened an add on wire to the TIPM and that they broke the fuse box. That was the cause for the discharge. Of course, not covered under warranty and they said I needed the entire fuse box replaced for $700. I told them to send me a pic of the damage. Called them back and told them I will fix it in 10 minutes and for $50 in parts with a new Z Fuse Array. They started to back pedal a bit by saying "Oh yeah. We know about that but the plastic is broken and FCA won't let us attach that with broken plastic". Right. So I told them to just put it back together and I will pick it up.

So with that said, I am going to order a new Z Case Fuse Array and after reading your post, I now realize there are two different types. One for tow package, one without. So wondering what the actual difference is between the two. I can look at the number on the old broken one when I get it back but like I said, the previous owner may not have done it right.

Thanks

Fuse Array (2).jpg
Fuse Array.jpg
@Notams
The 54AA Fuse Array has a higher amp Fan Fuse.

Sponsored

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Important:
68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you have the tow package and 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you do not have the fuse package.
@Rhinebeck01 - I have one JL with the tow package and one without. Can I get the 54 one and use it in either one or should I get one of each type and just keep it with the appropriate Jeep? Not sure if the wiring gage to the fan would still be the same or if it would be heavier on the tow package wiring harness.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 - I have one JL with the tow package and one without. Can I get the 54 one and use it in either one or should I get one of each type and just keep it with the appropriate Jeep? Not sure if the wiring gage to the fan would still be the same or if it would be heavier on the tow package wiring harness.
@Overkill

I don't know..... but .... were it me, I would have one of each and to keep with / use with, the appropriate Jeep.

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

Maverick85

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for this very informative post. My jeep is also in a dealership and after checking for 12 days they said the high amp fuse array has to be changed and asking $400 for that. They already changed both the batteries and now they are telling me that this is the problem and total cost would be around $1000 including batteries and fuse array.

I told them to put it back and return it to me. They are saying it won't run even out of dealership. Is that true? Can you let me know based on your experience.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Hi,

Thank you for this very informative post. My jeep is also in a dealership and after checking for 12 days they said the high amp fuse array has to be changed and asking $400 for that. They already changed both the batteries and now they are telling me that this is the problem and total cost would be around $1000 including batteries and fuse array.

I told them to put it back and return it to me. They are saying it won't run even out of dealership. Is that true? Can you let me know based on your experience.

Thank you in advance.
Do you expect to not pay for them diagnosing the problem? It likely took a few hundred dollars worth of man hours for them to get it sorted out.

Maverick85

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL
Do you expect to not pay for them diagnosing the problem? It likely took a few hundred dollars worth of man hours for them to get it sorted out.
Yes, I do when the vehicle is still covered in warranty. They want to charge because a fuse is a consumable (I agree) and because it is a consumable they want me to pay for service.

My Jeep is still under warranty and this is a known problem that frequently happened for many people when the small battery died. And taking 2 weeks to diagnose this is their incompetency in my opinion.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes, I do when the vehicle is still covered in warranty. They want to charge because a fuse is a consumable (I agree) and because it is a consumable they want me to pay for service.

My Jeep is still under warranty and this is a known problem that frequently happened for many people when the small battery died. And taking 2 weeks to diagnose this is their incompetency in my opinion.
Do you think they actually spent two weeks looking at your Jeep?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
@mwilk012

I think @Maverick85 has a legitimate beef/concern in regard to this...
I would have been on a rant.. raising holy hell at that stealership.... to that Service Manager.

Stealership had the JL for 2 weeks and .... well, sound like the assigned Tech was inept...

Read here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/help-with-n-terminal-connections.74322/
And then your Jeep gets flat towed back to your house.

Practically all dealership techs are utter trash, they’re underpaid and under qualified. It’smore economically feasible for a dealership to throw parts at something than to actually diagnose.
Sponsored