Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
7C83DD45-01CB-4E0E-B62F-EF3EA86C1A1E.jpeg

Not sure this is an issue but while under the hood after my weekly washing I wipe things down under the hood and I had read an earlier post on checking the fuse block connections and make sure those 10MM nuts are snug so I grabbed a 10MM nut driver and popped the fuse block cover and noticed the one in the center does not have a nut on it, I am no electrical engineer but seems odd that that one right in the middle does not have a nut so is it an issue and if it’s supposed to have one where is the best place to get one, I am sure the dealer would want me to leave it all day to put a but on.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have checked 4 JL's, including mine and ALL had no nut on #4 terminal.

Do check all other terminals for gap between them and then tighten nuts with a 10mm wrench. Be sure to also check any and all 10mm connector nuts in eye sight to assure tightness. l found some not tight.

As for that one nutless #4. That particular one looks different. Look close. Factory felt it does not need a nut is my guess.

Of course, check fuses to assure pressed down while there.

OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 I looked at and checked all the fuses awhile back and about 15-20 were not fully seated, the (6) 10MM nuts that are installed are all tight, the one that is missing that nut has a terminal on it but no nut. I don’t have any issues as far as electrical goes as far as I know and have not had any warning messages displayed so besides the remaining nuts along that same terminal block edge being tight and fuses all being fully seated is there anything else I need to look for, the ones that have the nuts installed the wires coming off of them feel snug.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@WranglerMan

Standing on side of JL, look to left of air cleaner opening. You will see three 10mm nuts and one 13mm nut on terminals there. Most are tinged with same color paint as your JL. Assure tightness.

I'm not gonna worry about nutless #4. It is snug.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
WranglerMan

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01 and @Jeepsterfreak thanks for the info, @Rhinebeck01 I did find both 10MM nuts in red pretty tight but found I was able to get almost a full turn tighter out of the 13MM center one in the first pic and then I checked the (6) 10MM nuts again and they were all pretty tight with the exception of the nutless one which confuses me why the nutless post is even there.

26E805AB-B521-49D3-A5F0-23F1F842E514.jpeg
15C5C839-F3D1-4455-BD65-A66229F9ABAC.jpeg

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
#4 is a dead terminal... Every jeep is like that... And #1 and #3 goto the small battery... If something were to happen ( little battery dies) you can make a jumper cable that goto the #1 and #3 so you can bypass the aux battery to move your car out

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Heh. Heh heh heh. They said, “nutless.”

B5829C47-ADA4-4D16-A8C5-FE678BE67EA8.png

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a little follow-up post in regard to this...

Turns out this (thing with 6 nuts) :
lllllll.png

Turns out..... this is Mopar part# 68368853AA. (Costs $60+-)

It is a row of high amp fuses that are part of the PDC on the Jeep Wrangler JL. This Is a replaceable / separate component. Again it is replaceable, so keep this in mind if a service dept. says you need to replace the whole $600+ PDC center because any of these fuses are say fried.

You remove the 6 nuts and off will come this part and it is very easily replaced. If you look at the pic below of it, you will see that the missing middle nut, is absolutely of no consequence.

Note, Mopar part# 68368853AA is a solid, one piece unit. The individual fuses, are attached to the metal plate. Each fuse is numbered and labeled as to amperage.
fuse array pic.png
nnnnn.jpg

@WranglerMan
@everyone

Sponsored

TrivialDig

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS
Are any of those posts tapable for anything? Working on a switch pod for accessories, I’d like something which comes on w the Jeep may only use the tap to start a dash cam, not sure yet.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Are any of those posts tapable for anything? Working on a switch pod for accessories, I’d like something which comes on w the Jeep may only use the tap to start a dash cam, not sure yet.
I wouldn't tap those posts for anything because you increase your risk of blowing the expensive High Current Fuse Array. Better to connect to the battery terminal.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Can those high amp fuses be checked for continuity with an ohm meter like regular fuses? I’m having hard time finding instructions on how to test this Z array. Need to verify that none of mine are blown.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can those high amp fuses be checked for continuity with an ohm meter like regular fuses? I’m having hard time finding instructions on how to test this Z array. Need to verify that none of mine are blown.
@demisx I do not think you can test/check with a meter.

@Jebiruph , undoubtedly can tell you for sure, if it is or is not possible. I just tagged him so he probably will chime in here.. 8-)

I know if you pull the fuse array, and look very closely that sometimes supposedly... per posts on the forum, you can see some warping of the black plastic covering the fuse bars.... apparently cause by heat when a particular / a fuse melts.

Good to have one of these Mopar Z Case Fuse Array's on hand at all times... especially if you off road... travel lots.. Also, the fuse array, even at dealerships is often hard to find.

Important:
68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you have the tow package and 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you do not have the fuse package.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

@demisx I do not think you can test/check with a meter.

@Jebiruph , undoubtedly can tell you for sure, if it is or is not possible. I just tagged him so he probably will chime in here.. 8-)
I would think seeing 12V voltage on an N post would indicate a working fuse, but I am not sure if it can be tested this way with these high amp fuses. I'm used to a burnt fuse creating an open circuit.

Good to have one of these Mopar Z Case Fuse Array's on hand at all times... especially if you off road... travel lots.. Also, the fuse array, even at dealerships is often hard to find.

Important:
68368854AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you have the tow package and 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array if you do not have the fuse package.
Thank you very much. I've already ordered a spare 68368854AA based on your older excellent posts. đź‘Ť
Sponsored