First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
So basically it's 2WD till it feels slipperage then gives power to the other axle?
Sponsored

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Yes, very nice option, wasn’t an option on my 2012, or my 2016 Willys, so when I ordered my 2021 Willys last Oct. , it was a no brainer. Works great for daily driving in my neck of the woods due to covered surfaces, next block blacktop, then again un-paved 6” plus snow covered roads.. When we get hammered with snow, it’s 4 h . To me, worth the $700.00 bucks.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yes, and I 2nd that on the seamless & imperceptible. It's ideal for intermittently snow covered roads.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
So. Can you run it in 2 whl say like in so cal until you get somewhere like the mountains with rain snow etc. then put it in whl auto.
is that the same system the grand Cherokee trailhawk uses? If not what is the difference ?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So. Can you run it in 2 whl say like in so cal until you get somewhere like the mountains with rain snow etc. then put it in whl auto.
Yes.
is that the same system the grand Cherokee trailhawk uses? If not what is the difference ?
No. Selec-Trac has not been offered on Grand Cherokee since 2004. Grand Cherokee comes with Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive.

Grand Cherokee 4WD systems now rely heavily on electronics to prevent you from getting stuck; you can thank Daimler for that. Even the rear limited slip diff on Trailhawk is now electronic, whatever that means.

Quadra-Trac I is essentially AWD, and is only available on base models. Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive, on the other hand, offer selectable part-time 4WD modes like a proper Jeep, with low range and neutral.

Thankfully, Wrangler’s Selec-Trac remains analog. The transfer case shifting has gone electronic, though...

Last edited:

Tyler-98-W68

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe, 2022 Rubicon 4xe
Yes.

No. Selec-Trac has not been offered on Grand Cherokee since 2004. Grand Cherokee comes with Quadra-Trac I, Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive.

Grand Cherokee 4WD systems now rely heavily on electronics to prevent you from getting stuck; you can thank Daimler for that. Even the rear limited slip diff on Trailhawk is now electronic, whatever that means.

Quadra-Trac I is essentially AWD, and is only available on base models. Quadra-Trac II and Quadra-Drive, on the other hand, offer selectable part-time 4WD modes like a proper Jeep, with low range and neutral.

Thankfully, Wrangler’s Selec-Trac remains analog. The transfer case shifting has gone electronic, though...
Grand Cherokees 2011+ as long as they have Quadra Trac II have the same MP3022 Transfer Case used in the Wrangler JL. The difference in the Grand Cherokee is they don't have a selectable 2H mode.

This is how the system works in a JL
https://www.4xeforums.com/threads/m...n-and-monitoring-with-j-scan.2602/#post-31415
Sponsored