First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
If you look at the second picture you can see the middle of the windshield is clear where all the air is blowing. If you're going to have a vent all the way across, it should at least have air going through the most important part, the driver side, not the middle.
but that does nothing for the wipers. His problem is that the wipers are icing up. They are constantly moving, so their is no way warm air on the inside can help defrost them.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
There's nothing funny about driving in these conditions in the mountains.
I know exactly how it is to drive in these conditions. It’s easy. I live up here.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine struggles at the outer edges. I bought some square plugs as suggested by someone here on the forum to block air in the center and force it to the outer edges. We'll see if it works. My JK does the same thing.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've asked about this in one of my post and found out that others on here was using plugs to divert the defroster vent to blow warm air to the side of the windshield. i havent done this since i'm not having any issues in defrosting the ice and snow off the windshield. i had bosch icon wipers on my 07 grand cherokee and they work great. they are pricey $60 but they have been the best one i've found that works. i plan on getting them when the time comes.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I just went through a few days of crazy snow and ice and because i had taken heed of the warnings on this issue...I purchased 3 in 1 prestone de-icer for the windshield wiper solution, new blades and as others have stated the blocks from ebay also purchased the sliding block tool organizer. The sliding block was great... just space em out and lay it in to get the air to each side of wind shield.

IMG_3769 2.JPG

Sponsored

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I know this has been discussed at length but what happened to me yesterday was completely unacceptable. I was driving in white out conditions in the mountains with a fist sized ball of snow under my windshield wiper because of the poor design of the vent. I had almost zero visibility, and no place to pull over and fix it. I'm very troubled that my "go anywhere, badass" Rubicon requires me to take my life in my hands if I'm driving in snow. It's only a matter of time before someone is injured due to this.
If you buy some silicone spray and coat the wiper arms and blades with it, it should help, and prolong the life of the blades. And while you're at it, spray all your weatherstripping and your doors won't freeze to the weatherstripping and again will last longer.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I know this has been discussed at length but what happened to me yesterday was completely unacceptable. I was driving in white out conditions in the mountains with a fist sized ball of snow under my windshield wiper because of the poor design of the vent. I had almost zero visibility, and no place to pull over and fix it. I'm very troubled that my "go anywhere, badass" Rubicon requires me to take my life in my hands if I'm driving in snow. It's only a matter of time before someone is injured due to this.

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3545.JPG
What in the h-e-double hockey sticks does that have to do with the defroster??

Get new wipers lol....its clearly slush lol.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I agree it's desireable to have better visibility but i don't understand the outrage of "completely unacceptable". They can't do everything in all conditions. How many old VWs are out there? Drivers side window down and a long handle scraper were a way of life. If you don't feel safe, PULL OVER AND STOP.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I agree it's desireable to have better visibility but i don't understand the outrage of "completely unacceptable". They can't do everything in all conditions. How many old VWs are out there? Drivers side window down and a long handle scraper were a way of life. If you don't feel safe, PULL OVER AND STOP.
Amen buddy.

I find these days everyone just bitches and whines as if life is a Google search.

Sometimes(a lot of times) you gotta figure shit out, get your hands dirty and use common sense.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
In the first picture it's clear that ice piece was on there prior to starting the vehicle. Why didn't you clear the vent/wiper blade area before driving in white out conditions?

Sponsored

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT

db840

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU. 2" Mopar on 37s
I drive in those conditions frequently and I use a washer fluid heater like a Alphatherm AT-38OD with Recochem Turbo Power Premium Washer Fluid and De-icer fluid. Cleans and melts ice very quickly.

OP
OP
orangecrusher

orangecrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
In the first picture it's clear that ice piece was on there prior to starting the vehicle. Why didn't you clear the vent/wiper blade area before driving in white out conditions?
You are wrong.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
You are wrong.
Not at all. I’ve driven Wranglers in white out conditions a bunch of times. A piece that size doesn’t just develop randomly especially with the wipers in constant motion. It was already on the wiper blade. Ironically there’s even a piece below you didn’t take the time to remove.

Another complaint that boils down to user error :no:
Sponsored