Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL - Sting Gray
I HIGHLY recommend the JL Audio dash speakers

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136C2350X/JL-Audio-C2-350x.html

Purchased them for my dash, replaced the two up in my sound bar as well. After about of month of a "break in" period they sounded even better. My plan was too eventually get the Alpine Aftermarket Sub/Tweeter package, but honestly I barely think about it anymore with these new speakers. You obviously don't get a subwoofer, but for the price, the clarity can't be beat. You can get the volume up to about 26 before the bass start popping.
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Purchased them for my dash, replaced the two up in my sound bar as well. After about of month of a "break in" period they sounded even better. My plan was too eventually get the Alpine Aftermarket Sub/Tweeter package, but honestly I barely think about it anymore with these new speakers. You obviously don't get a subwoofer, but for the price, the clarity can't be beat. You can get the volume up to about 26 before the bass start popping.
Nice! Do you have the factory alpine system with the factory installed sub?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

If you plan on running these on just the head unit power alone, they will definitely sound better than stock. JL makes some quality stuff, however, they can be a little pricey.

This set is rated at 25 watts rms, which works great for a system without having to add an amp. They are also rate at 83 db for sensitivity, so they won’t be able to get as “loud” as other options. For sound quality, these would be a great addition.

Slammed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU ,2010 Kia Soul
I ended up going with the Hertz dcx87.3 first (upper dash), while I am building the rest of the system. I used the Metra adaptors and they are just running off of the stock uconnect 7” right now. They definitely brought the highs up from the crappy stock speakers.

I also did the Metra pods to upgrade the knee panels with Polk db652s, along with the ssv adaptor in the soundbar, also db652s. The polks will be ran off of a us acoustics Barbara Ann amp. The hertz will get a little more power from the heigh10 than the uconnect. And I am still working on a different enclosure for the rear cargo area to mount my FI audio 12” Q. It’s coming together, slowly though.

If it were me, I would spend the money on the Metra pods and db652s. They are highly recommended for our setups, as they get loud and clear. They also happen to be marine speakers and you can find them for around $90 a pair. The pods can be found for around $60. Not sure what Amazon has for them. Hope that helps.
The hertz drop right in??? I have a full Hertz system in my daily and love their speakers

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
The hertz drop right in??? I have a full Hertz system in my daily and love their speakers
Yes. Other than having to get the Metra wire adapter, but that goes for all of the speakers in our JLs unless you swap your wiring out completely. I actually have the knee panel speakers out right now, and the soundbar is not hooked up yet either. Only thing currently wired is the Hertz to the factory 7” and they sound pretty good for such a small speaker. For $80, on stock power, can’t go wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
I've done the front speakers, now I'm ready to move onto the soundbar. Looking at the SSV adapter. What's a good quality 6.5 speaker for that location?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've done the front speakers, now I'm ready to move onto the soundbar. Looking at the SSV adapter. What's a good quality 6.5 speaker for that location?
I'd not swap in 6.5's without an aftermarket amp as you just don't have enough power.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
Ok, so I ordered the ssv adapter today. A buddy of mine is telling me that it also fits 6.75 speakers.. Any truth to this? Also, is there really that big of a difference between the two?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Ok, so I ordered the ssv adapter today. A buddy of mine is telling me that it also fits 6.75 speakers.. Any truth to this? Also, is there really that big of a difference between the two?
They do fit both. As far as difference between 6.5 and 6.75,,,, well, .25” 🤣

I’m sure someone will disagree with me, but I feel confident enough to tell you it won’t make a noticeable difference in the soundbar. When you decide which speakers to install, make sure to seal everything up. The cutout is universal in the ssv, and different speakers have all sorts of mounting options. If you are going to run an amp to them, i would also suggest swapping the speaker wire to 12-14 awg.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
DEdney1775

DEdney1775

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0 Sport
They do fit both. As far as difference between 6.5 and 6.75,,,, well, .25” 🤣

I’m sure someone will disagree with me, but I feel confident enough to tell you it won’t make a noticeable difference in the soundbar. When you decide which speakers to install, make sure to seal everything up. The cutout is universal in the ssv, and different speakers have all sorts of mounting options. If you are going to run an amp to them, i would also suggest swapping the speaker wire to 12-14 awg.

Hope that helps.
Good call on the speaker wire. I wouldn't have considered that at this stage.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Good call on the speaker wire. I wouldn't have considered that at this stage.
Well, if you are going to all the trouble in doing the adapters, upgrading the speakers and eventually adding the amp, may as well do it right. I ended up drilling through and modifying the clip that goes into the soundbar to run the better wire. I don’t remember snapping any pics of that, but here is what I ended up with. Not the greatest pictures.

1941221A-4490-462D-AA23-5343DC9896D0.png

4D94E6A5-8153-4343-9A09-2AAF004BEF6E.png

OldManKnees

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S

Crutchfield says these don't fit, did you have to do much to make them fit the dash and soundbar?

Also, curious if you're using bass blockers with them?
Sponsored