Sponsored

front diff skid?

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Was also stock at the time

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Our front track bar clears with the Motobilt diff covers and we are running all adjustable control arms on a 3" lift with 37's for the vehicle in the installed photos here.
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-hd-adjustable-front-track-bar.html
Does it clear on an un-lifted Jeep? I'd love to believe that it will, but you can tell right away that a lifted Jeep has way more clearance between the two.
8875-01-D7-1200.jpg

upload_2020-4-1_11-57-50.png

Can we get a side by side shot of your track bar with the factory track bar to see how the curvature changes?

Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It may not be obvious from our picture, but that Jeep is on a lift with the suspension drooped out to better show the track bar.

The video on the product page I linked does a pretty good job comparing our track bar to the stock one.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may not be obvious from our picture, but that Jeep is on a lift with the suspension drooped out to better show the track bar.

The video on the product page I linked does a pretty good job comparing our track bar to the stock one.
I found a thread with some good shots of your track bar on what I believe is a sport with Rubi takeoff (e.g., no lift). This looks pretty promising, there seems to be a more severe bend right from the frame side mount. He has a stock diff cover, but there does seem to be plenty of room. I think I'll guinea pig the setup. I was going to buy your track bar down the line anyway.
aycqvnyhilu9c_cmbs-rjkodjkfjmpcuctna9gef7einsrtr5e_smllbhvxam72q5fv81bbn7e3apny-w850-h638-no-jpg.jpg

psukrindnf1yamoqwizavlxc4gfrgtfhzllyfjn_pramszsgtq4avxpww-ncazz0amv8c8uiej-6fpn-w850-h638-no-jpg.jpg
IMG_20200401_121428.jpg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I found a thread with some good shots of your track bar on what I believe is a sport with Rubi takeoff (e.g., no lift). This looks pretty promising, there seems to be a more severe bend right from the frame side mount. He has a stock diff cover, but there does seem to be plenty of room. I think I'll guinea pig the setup. I was going to buy your track bar down the line anyway.
aycqvnyhilu9c_cmbs-rjkodjkfjmpcuctna9gef7einsrtr5e_smllbhvxam72q5fv81bbn7e3apny-w850-h638-no-jpg.jpg

psukrindnf1yamoqwizavlxc4gfrgtfhzllyfjn_pramszsgtq4avxpww-ncazz0amv8c8uiej-6fpn-w850-h638-no-jpg.jpg
IMG_20200401_121428.jpg
On the Synergy track bar the frame mount rod end has an angled exit and goes right into the double adjuster and a straight section of tube and then bends back to clear the pumpkin. So the end result is the bend starts closer into the pivot point and may get you more clearance.

You can see that in the picture above.

I flipped the pinch bolt around to have the nut facing forward, and not back, as that was the only area that would come close to contact with the pumpkin with springs removed doing a clearance check on the lift I'm installing.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
No lift, stock track bar. I'm getting the rub in the same place as everyone else. It's only been on for 3 days, no off-roading.

I'm not ready to lift yet, but when I do I'll go with Synergy. And because I like my stuff to match, I'd put on their track bar early. Does any one have that setup? @AllJumpStyle , your website says that your trackbar is bent to clear aftermarket diff covers, how much different is it from stock?

IMG_20200331_170136.jpg
I have just done it. Synergy track bar and track bar mount/sector shaft brace and the metal cloak front diff and skid. I will report back with more information as time goes. I have only put about 15 miles on it today. So far it clears. I mocked it up and tried to get this flexed out as much as i can before throwing it all on permanently. I saw no issues. I have a scuff on the center bottom of the "M" (lowest point left of the fill plug). Not sure if it was from me dicking with the cover as I was using permatex right stuff over using factory gasket. I figured if I can get it as close to the housing as possible. I see nothing wrong with the finish on the track bar where it could have made contact. The only thing to note of any relevance was that I noticed is I took a hit on the back side of the track bar because I torqued the fill plug snug but it sticks out quite a bit. The thread sealer that comes on it was thick and it took some effort but I cranked it down way further than I feel comfortable after finding it. Looking back, I should have brushed the excess off or took it off completely and used my own sealer.

Stock rubi suspension with a 3/4" spacer due to the added weight of the goodies on the front bumper. I have the mopar lift LCA's coming in and hope it doesn't change anything for the worse.

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have just done it. Synergy track bar and track bar mount/sector shaft brace and the metal cloak front diff and skid. I will report back with more information as time goes. I have only put about 15 miles on it today. So far it clears. I mocked it up and tried to get this flexed out as much as i can before throwing it all on permanently. I saw no issues. I have a scuff on the center bottom of the "M" (lowest point left of the fill plug). Not sure if it was from me dicking with the cover as I was using permatex right stuff over using factory gasket. I figured if I can get it as close to the housing as possible. I see nothing wrong with the finish on the track bar where it could have made contact. The only thing to note of any relevance was that I noticed is I took a hit on the back side of the track bar because I torqued the fill plug snug but it sticks out quite a bit. The thread sealer that comes on it was thick and it took some effort but I cranked it down way further than I feel comfortable after finding it. Looking back, I should have brushed the excess off or took it off completely and used my own sealer.

Stock rubi suspension with a 3/4" spacer due to the added weight of the goodies on the front bumper. I have the mopar lift LCA's coming in and hope it doesn't change anything for the worse.
I tried it myself, I never found out if it cleared because the Synergy track bar didn't fit with my setup (there's a thread discussing this somewhere). I wished it had worked, I really do. I'm still running the stock track bar and just letting it skim the paint away. I'll probably have to wait until I lift to fix it.

Sponsored

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I tried it myself, I never found out if it cleared because the Synergy track bar didn't fit with my setup (there's a thread discussing this somewhere). I wished it had worked, I really do. I'm still running the stock track bar and just letting it skim the paint away. I'll probably have to wait until I lift to fix it.
Im curious now. I'll have to dig and search for it.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just installed this diff cover and skid plate and I also have a synergy trackbar. My jeep is lifted with 2.5" Metalcloak springs. Unfortunately I can't get out and flex it some right now, but I will report back if I have any issues with the synergy track bar rubbing the cover.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed this diff cover and skid plate and I also have a synergy trackbar. My jeep is lifted with 2.5" Metalcloak springs. Unfortunately I can't get out and flex it some right now, but I will report back if I have any issues with the synergy track bar rubbing the cover.
I doubt you would have an issue, the question in mind was over past posts about track bar making contact on a the diff cover because it's still at stock ride height.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I doubt you would have an issue, the question in mind was over past posts about track bar making contact on a the diff cover because it's still at stock ride height.
I think the issue is if you are not lifted but longer LCA's can cause an issue. Even the Mopar arms with 0.25" can cause it.

Playing with the axle side bushing in the track bar to get it further forward, as well as flipping the pinch bolt to have nut forward can both buy you some precious clearance with the MC cover.

With a lift you have more bump stop that keeps you out of the contact zone.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think the issue is if you are not lifted but longer LCA's can cause an issue. Even the Mopar arms with 0.25" can cause it.

Playing with the axle side bushing in the track bar to get it further forward, as well as flipping the pinch bolt to have nut forward can both buy you some precious clearance with the MC cover.

With a lift you have more bump stop that keeps you out of the contact zone.
I know you weren't quoting me, but because of what you said, I do think I'm going to flip the pinch bolt nut. I also do have adjustable control arms set at 3/8" longer than stock. I need to find a way to flex it out
Sponsored