Sponsored

Front collision detection and random panic stop.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So I have a 2019 JLUR with all the safety stuff. Today in a parking garage I was just going up a ramp and it blared an alert and auto brakes kicked in hard, scared me quite a bit. Has anyone else had any issues with this? I’ve since turned off the auto brake portion of it and just have it alert.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The manual says FCW can be activated by other objects such as guard rails and signs. Do you know what the sensitivity for it is set at? I'd think in a tight place like a parking garage there are many thinks to trigger it plus it kicks in at 3 mph.

OP
OP
Rploaded

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The manual says FCW can be activated by other objects such as guard rails and signs. Do you know what the sensitivity for it is set at? I'd think in a tight place like a parking garage there are many thinks to trigger it plus it kicks in at 3 mph.
I had it set for medium. I’m going to switch it to near.

Sponsored

Flip888

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cbr1krr, DRZ4-sm, Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Business owner.
This doesn't seem like a smart safety feature to me. I'd disable it permanently on my Jeep if possible.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I didn’t order that safety group

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I had that happen to me on a GMC Terrain loaner on a somewhat narrow street. Plenty of room for the both of us. Yet auto braking activated scared the crap out of us, thought we hit something. Decided right then I never wanted that feature ever. But I think the adaptive cruise would be nice.

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
I had a similar false alarm with my Audi sedan once, the sharp angle to the pavement caused the sensors to think an obstruction was present. it also kicked in on my Audi once on the highway when traffic in front of me came to a sudden stop... I didn't notice the stopped traffic until late (my fault) and the brakes kicked in before I could physically move my foot from the accelerator pedal to the brake pedal. I probably still could have stopped the car that day but I was happy the auto system was there. I remain sold on this technology and am glad I ordered it with my JL.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rploaded

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had a similar false alarm with my Audi sedan once, the sharp angle to the pavement caused the sensors to think an obstruction was present. it also kicked in on my Audi once on the highway when traffic in front of me came to a sudden stop... I didn't notice the stopped traffic until late (my fault) and the brakes kicked in before I could physically move my foot from the accelerator pedal to the brake pedal. I probably still could have stopped the car that day but I was happy the auto system was there. I remain sold on this technology and am glad I ordered it with my JL.

I am glad I have it also. So I set up some cardboard boxes and adjusted it to near and it let me get so close at 10 mph I though for sure it would hit them. It stopped about 4” from the boxes. Seems like far and medium are just too sensitive for city driving.

#HERJL18

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Work Hard - Play Harder
I had this happen on my 2015 Grand Cherokee. A car ahead of me was exiting the freeway on an offramp but my car assumed he was slowing down in front on me and slammed on the brakes on the freeway. I turned if off and never used it again after that. I like the feature but that one incident ruined it for me. I don't think the distance was adjustable in that year model. I hope the technology will continue to improve and make it a valuable option.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I'm old school and I do not have it on my 2018 JL nor would I use it, so my $.02 may not mean much here. In Ohio we get snow and ice. I would rather have an opportunity to make a maneuver to avoid a crash that to have a system apply my brakes on snow or ice. Even anti lock brakes will skid on snow and ice and I could make that choice, no need for a computer to decide that for me.
Sponsored