Sponsored

Forward collision warning (FCW) and automatic emergency breaking (AEB) malfunction??

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Hi JZ,
We're sorry to hear about your experience. We do handle things on a case by case basis. Since we are not mechanically trained, we do rely on our dealer's in the field to address functionality of features. We would be happy to document this for you so that it is readily available for review. Feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares
PM'd
Sponsored

Omoanya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler Unlimited 2019
Definitely an issue. My new 2019 wrangler unlimited screeched to a stop on the lower level of the George Washington Bridge with no one in front of me a month ago. It was super frightening and am glad I wasnā€™t rear ended. I took it to my dealer and they ran thorough testing for 3 days And found nothing. I didnā€™t realize it was low ceilings and side barriers causing it until it happened again on the FDR drive in NYC when I went into a low ceiling underpass. I have disabled the auto breaking and now I just get the warning which is fine.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Definitely an issue. My new 2019 wrangler unlimited screeched to a stop on the lower level of the George Washington Bridge with no one in front of me a month ago. It was super frightening and am glad I wasnā€™t rear ended. I took it to my dealer and they ran thorough testing for 3 days And found nothing. I didnā€™t realize it was low ceilings and side barriers causing it until it happened again on the FDR drive in NYC when I went into a low ceiling underpass. I have disabled the auto breaking and now I just get the warning which is fine.
Happened to me at Verazzano,

thereā€™s a TSB fix, I havenā€™t had time to go to a dealer

NJWrkDvr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
2019 JLUR here. I've had all of these issues happen, and one worse.

I've had the Rubi stop on the lower level of the George Washington from a small stream of water coming from the upper level. Luckily, no traffic behind me and I reduced the sensitivity. Later that same day, Rubi thought the column of an overhead pass was stopped traffic and it engaged the auto stop until I aimed the jeep into the other lane, and it let go. I turned OFF the active braking system. Two weeks ago while raining, system was Beeping & dash said BRAKE, but brakes did not engage. I pulled over and restarted the Rubi and it was fine. Last week, going through the lower level of the Verrazano Bridge during rush hour traffic, Rubi did full stop WITH THE SYSTEM OFF as it thought tiny dripping of water from upper level was an obstacle. SUV behind me stopped in time, albeit, sideways. I called Jeep Care immediately afterwards to let them know that if they find me dead in the Rubi from being rear-ended to look at that system. They said that they did not see any recalls on my vehicle, but to take it to the dealer to pull codes. I went yesterday. Dealer reviewed codes. No issues found. They then found the software update noted above and they updated the PCM, EPS and the DASM.

I'll let you know if the updates worked, but if you haven't gotten them done, go. Remember, my system was turned off and it saved the life of that water drip, but nearly killed me and the driver behind me.

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
2019 JLUR here. I've had all of these issues happen, and one worse.

I've had the Rubi stop on the lower level of the George Washington from a small stream of water coming from the upper level. Luckily, no traffic behind me and I reduced the sensitivity. Later that same day, Rubi thought the column of an overhead pass was stopped traffic and it engaged the auto stop until I aimed the jeep into the other lane, and it let go. I turned OFF the active braking system. Two weeks ago while raining, system was Beeping & dash said BRAKE, but brakes did not engage. I pulled over and restarted the Rubi and it was fine. Last week, going through the lower level of the Verrazano Bridge during rush hour traffic, Rubi did full stop WITH THE SYSTEM OFF as it thought tiny dripping of water from upper level was an obstacle. SUV behind me stopped in time, albeit, sideways. I called Jeep Care immediately afterwards to let them know that if they find me dead in the Rubi from being rear-ended to look at that system. They said that they did not see any recalls on my vehicle, but to take it to the dealer to pull codes. I went yesterday. Dealer reviewed codes. No issues found. They then found the software update noted above and they updated the PCM, EPS and the DASM.

I'll let you know if the updates worked, but if you haven't gotten them done, go. Remember, my system was turned off and it saved the life of that water drip, but nearly killed me and the driver behind me.
Seems like youā€™re from nyc area,

which dealer did you go to?

NJWrkDvr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Seems like youā€™re from nyc area,

which dealer did you go to?
I live in Ocean City, NJ, but work often in Queens & NYC (and yes, it's a helluva drive). I took it to Atlantic Jeep just outside Atlantic City.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I live in Ocean City, NJ, but work often in Queens & NYC (and yes, it's a helluva drive). I took it to Atlantic Jeep just outside Atlantic City.
How long was the updates? Wondering if I should go there too. Are they competent?

OP
OP
Hobo

Hobo

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
I am thrilled to see that there is an update for this. I started this thread after a couple incidents in my parking deck at work, and believe this is a totally dangerous flaw in the FCW system. I canā€™t wait to get in to the dealer and have the update applied. To be honest, I canā€™t believe this is just an ā€œupdateā€, and not an actual recall. Thanks for the info everyone!

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2ā€ Mopar lift, 35ā€tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
Naaa, mine works perfect. Best feature ever.

I use the ACC all the time.

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Mine slammed on ther brakes at 20mph on ther highway with moving traffic. Looking at my dash cam afterwards there was only a car to the right that could have triggered it.. Turned active braking off and prob won't re-engage.
I'll get ther flash update when it's in the shop for inspection or something else. Certainly not as good as my Subaru but I do love ther adaptive cruise control!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am thrilled to see that there is an update for this. I started this thread after a couple incidents in my parking deck at work, and believe this is a totally dangerous flaw in the FCW system. I canā€™t wait to get in to the dealer and have the update applied. To be honest, I canā€™t believe this is just an ā€œupdateā€, and not an actual recall. Thanks for the info everyone!
I wouldnā€™t get too excited.

ā€˜my Jeep was built AFTER the date on the TSB so.... my software is correct. BUT, I had the same issue that you experienced ā€”- also in a parking deck. I want nothing to do with a beta test bit of software. See my post #45 above. I turned the beta software off.

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2ā€ Mopar lift, 35ā€tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
You sure it works perfect?
Try going under a bridge multiple times
Already did ;-) Driving under bridges almost all the time. (Working in Portland,Or.....with more than one metal bridge there...)
Again, best safety feature ever.Today with rain, was just awesome.
Have a great night.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Already did ;-) Driving under bridges almost all the time. (Working in Portland,Or.....with more than one metal bridge there...)
Again, best safety feature ever.Today with rain, was just awesome.
Have a great night.
When was your Jeep manufactured?(date)
Sponsored