Front axle off center

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150, 2018 JLUR
My rear is off as well. So is my front. I just picked up a metalcloak front adjustable trackbar that I’ll be putting on today. Not going to worry about the rear until someone comes out with a bracket
How do you like the Metalcloak trackbar? I recently installed the 2" Mopar lift and my axles are off center as well. The Metalcloak's looked good for getting things back in line.
Sponsored

JK47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
After my Mopar 2"l ift install I was roughly an inch off on the front to the drivers side, and the same on the rear to the passenger side. I lost 2mpg on the hwy, after I installed front and rear track bars I gained the 2mpg back, because I'm no longer crab walking fighting the wind.

I went with the RK track bars

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just made an honest attempt at installing the Rock Krawler front trackbar. I got the factory bar off with little difficulty. I did the suggested measurement for the new RK and I installed the bolt on the front drivers side just to hold it in place while I worked on the passenger side.

The bracket hole on the passenger side and the HEIM joint center were about 1/2 inch apart so I rocked the Jeep side to side and got it somewhat closer, but before I could worry about getting it to fit, I realized that the HEIM joint on the passenger side of the trackbar is slightly wider than the opening on the bracket that holds it.

I pulled out my micrometer and the HEIM joint is about 1/16 to 3/32 of an inch wider than the bracket opening. I tried muscling the bracket with vice grips to enlarge the opening without a whole lot of luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
Who that isn't the owner of the Jeep is going to notice an axle being 1/2" off center??? :headbang:
For kicks I measured my wifes bone stock JLU Sport and the front axle was 1/4" off center, and the rear was 1/8" off.. I wonder if I should take it back to the dealer? :whew:

My wifes Jeep now has a 2.5" lift with the axles being even more off but she nor I notice a difference in the way Jeep drives, and you can't tell that they are off unless you actually measure.
I have no lift and my front axle looks to be 3/4" off center to passenger side.....too ocd?

20200123_102741.jpg

20200123_102730.jpg

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
No idea about what their spec limits are but offsets are a problem under certain driving conditions on pavement. Not an issue when off road. Off road, you slip and slide already just part of the fun. Under wet heavy braking conditions the offset "can" cause a significant pull or make heavy braking feel like the front end is tugging in a different direction than the back end. Uneven pavement, free way joints, that are along the direction of travel will also produce stronger than expected "tracking" or "pulling". Depending on your tires / tread these symptoms can be minimized or exaggerated.
The offset also provides uneven effort to making turns and causes premature wear when cornering.

NONE of the above symptoms are dramatic or may not even be noticed. For me the issue was when I had slam the brakes to avoid a collision and it was near impossible to keep the JL in the lane I was in. My offsets were closer to 3/4 of an inch front and rear.

After that I became obsessive over my own safety and just got the adjustable track bars. Went out and tested the brakes and its supper easy to control. Not to mention my OCD about the fact I just bought a vehicle that was visually out of whack was solved.
Sponsored