Front axle off center

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
When lifting, how far could you go off center before needing a adjustable track bar.
Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
1/2"

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
That is what I measured, 1/2" toward driver side on front.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Its fine, unless you're OCD. It wont hurt anything. You would have to go over 3" of lift before it would become an issue.

Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Other then people laughing at you driving down the road with jeep body off center of axles, it's no issue..lmao

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Other then people laughing at you driving down the road with jeep body off center of axles, it's no issue..lmao
Who that isn't the owner of the Jeep is going to notice an axle being 1/2" off center??? :headbang:
For kicks I measured my wifes bone stock JLU Sport and the front axle was 1/4" off center, and the rear was 1/8" off.. I wonder if I should take it back to the dealer? :whew:

My wifes Jeep now has a 2.5" lift with the axles being even more off but she nor I notice a difference in the way Jeep drives, and you can't tell that they are off unless you actually measure.

OP
OP
islandtees

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Who that isn't the owner of the Jeep is going to notice an axle being 1/2" off center??? :headbang:
For kicks I measured my wifes bone stock JLU Sport and the front axle was 1/4" off center, and the rear was 1/8" off.. I wonder if I should take it back to the dealer? :whew:

My wifes Jeep now has a 2.5" lift with the axles being even more off but she nor I notice a difference in the way Jeep drives, and you can't tell that they are off unless you actually measure.
Same here, 2" lift and can't tell unless you measure.
I came up with about 1/2" front to D/S and rear almost 1/2" to P/S.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, 2" lift and can't tell unless you measure.
I came up with about 1/2" front to D/S and rear almost 1/2" to P/S.
Mopar 2"? If so, the Mopar 2" is actually higher than the RC 2.5"(I've had them both side/side and measured from the axle tube to the upper spring perch to get actual lift height.) The rough country being a spacer lift gives you exactly 2.5" front 2" rear.
Rough Country has beefy affordable front trackbar if the axles being off center bothers you enough. I wouldn't bother with it at that lift height.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah , because it like soooooo noticeable.....LMAO:facepalm:

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm no geometry expert, but I noticed with the 2" Mopar lift, my front axle is still centered quite nicely; it's just the rear that's off. I was originally arguing that this kit could use front and rear adjustable trackbars, but after eyeballing how much tire is popping out of the fenders on both sides and doing some measuring, it just needs to be centered on the rear. I'm assuming that's because of the slightly longer lower control arms up front.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm no geometry expert, but I noticed with the 2" Mopar lift, my front axle is still centered quite nicely; it's just the rear that's off. I was originally arguing that this kit could use front and rear adjustable trackbars, but after eyeballing how much tire is popping out of the fenders on both sides and doing some measuring, it just needs to be centered on the rear. I'm assuming that's because of the slightly longer lower control arms up front.
I'm not geometry expert either, but the control arm length shouldn't have an effect on the centering of the axle(Side/Side.) The trackbar length should have more of an effect on that, and if I remember correctly laying them side/side the rear is longer thus raising the rear should have "slightly" less of an impact on axle shift(Side/Side.)
Now I agree after the lift the rear axle looks like it shifted more towards the center Jeep (front/back.) I would assume that would be an effect of the shorter control arms(I haven't measured those to confirm which is longer, but the fronts look it.)
Most lifts have less rear axle shift b/c they raise the rear less to achieve that level "stance." By the looks of it the Mopar retains more of that factory rake than other kits, and maybe that's why your rear seems further off than the front?

I may be 100% wrong, but that's how it computes in my head :beer:

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No you’re probably right, all suspension lifts shorten wheelbase unless you use adjustable control arms. I haven’t really noticed much of a shift of my axles either. Maybe 1/4-1/2. Not enough to notice.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
My axle is off center and I have the mopar 2" lift. I am not sure how much because I have not measured. I gained way more than 2" of lift though. Maybe because I have a sport with roll up windows, soft top, etc. I don't know how much lighter I am than say...a Rubicon with steel bumpers/ sliders, power windows etc.

Sliders go on next week when the get here and I am still debating on what front bumper to go with. So we will see how much the lift settles.
Sponsored