Sponsored

Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Here is a picture of the slider as i received it and a picture showing the corner that has to be trimmed. Easy fix and it has not seemed to have any affect.

58439163797__A43A51C6-3E5F-4D5E-94B8-BEAD629D08A6.JPG
View album “Recents”.jpg

58439163797__A43A51C6-3E5F-4D5E-94B8-BEAD629D08A6.JPG
Thanks for the pictures as reference. I know the D/S has less room than the P/S due to the tailgate latches/locks. What model number is your ARB so I order the exact one? I took a picture of my Vector shelf. They come raw aluminum now but the brackets and the round shelf border are metal and powder coated hammertone so I did the same color to the shelf and also sandblasted the black brackets for the high lift jack and had them done in hammertone at the same time. I think it looks good all the same color. I did drill out the aluminum plates and removed the corner stainless brackets also before powercoating.

Shelf.jpg

Shovelbracket.jpg
Sponsored

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I wanted my fridge on the driver side because I have a tailgate table. I did have to modify the slider that I have to clear the tailgate but it was pretty simple. The new vector shelf is really nice and I have looked at replacing the Hooke that I have. I spoke to Vector about buying the brackets but they will not sell them separately. I really want a shelf that mounts to the rollbar and not where the hardtop mounts. That way I can leave it in regardless of if I have the top on. That is my only real complaint of my current setup.
I recently bought a Hooke Shelf for my JLU and it had the mounts to the roll bar. They offer two versions. I raised the platform to fit my Dometic CFX40.
Do you get any rattling from that DFG slider ? I am ready to pull the trigger on one here soon.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The AAL stuff is very reasonable when you see it in person and know what all went into it! Every piece is laser cut and exact. I have been so impressed with their parts I’m going to be ordering a bunch of their stuff for my personal jeeps! Here’s a couple pics from a build we’re working on.

We do a lot with snomaster and can say with certainty they are excellent! I think you’ll be very happy you went with them.

Brett

E4F5F64A-B17A-42FC-8BC3-8CC7749DD207.jpeg

E0EC782B-5727-49C4-A1F0-60AE9684E46C.jpeg

DCB11574-0151-437B-BF0B-C0D7654A6F11.jpeg

ACFF3814-3BD6-4F45-A8BA-5C7C4F85AB88.jpeg
These AAL parts bolt right in the rear of the JL with no mods? That is also a 50 size fridge? I really like that 2 tone look.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
These AAL parts bolt right in the rear of the JL with no mods? That is also a 50 size fridge? I really like that 2 tone look.
Yes. Very simple install! Order the red and black or they can do any color combo is you have time to wait for them to get the powder done

Brett

Sponsored

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I recently bought a Hooke Shelf for my JLU and it had the mounts to the roll bar. They offer two versions. I raised the platform to fit my Dometic CFX40.
Do you get any rattling from that DFG slider ? I am ready to pull the trigger on one here soon.
I just looked and saw that they now offer the rollbar mount. It wasn't available when i purchased. Got a picture of how you modified/raised it?? How far off of the floor does it sit?

I have had the DFG for about a year and have not had any issues at all. The fridge stays in the jeep 100% of the time and while it is not a daily driver I dont have any rattles. I would purchase again.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Thanks for the pictures as reference. I know the D/S has less room than the P/S due to the tailgate latches/locks. What model number is your ARB so I order the exact one? I took a picture of my Vector shelf. They come raw aluminum now but the brackets and the round shelf border are metal and powder coated hammertone so I did the same color to the shelf and also sandblasted the black brackets for the high lift jack and had them done in hammertone at the same time. I think it looks good all the same color. I did drill out the aluminum plates and removed the corner stainless brackets also before powercoating.

Shelf.jpg

Shovelbracket.jpg
The model that i have is as follows:

FRIDGE 50 QUART CLASSIC SERIES 2PLUG B USA SPEC P/N 10801472
TRANSIT BAG CLASSIC FRIDGE 50 QTSERIES 2 GREY/BLACK P/N 10900043

I sell them so if your interested in a price just shoot me a PM.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I just looked and saw that they now offer the rollbar mount. It wasn't available when i purchased. Got a picture of how you modified/raised it?? How far off of the floor does it sit?

I have had the DFG for about a year and have not had any issues at all. The fridge stays in the jeep 100% of the time and while it is not a daily driver I dont have any rattles. I would purchase again.
I made some spacers out of 1" OD steel to mate up. Drilled new holes in brackets, used original holes in basket, longer bolts. The shiny chrome hardware is the original hardware in the original location.

Its rock solid. I have three different brackets sharing that roll-bar location; Maximus-3 mount for roof-rack, Stealth Hi-lift mount from Dominion, and the Hooke shelf brackets. They all bolt to the roll-bar in the same bolt locations and then I bolted them together.

I am ordering up one of those DFG sliders and straps today.

The height from floor to bottom of shelf is ~ 21-1/4"

IMG_1359.jpg

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
I made some spacers out of 1" OD steel to mate up. Drilled new holes in brackets, used original holes in basket, longer bolts. The shiny chrome hardware is the original hardware in the original location.

Its rock solid. I have three different brackets sharing that roll-bar location; Maximus-3 mount for roof-rack, Stealth Hi-lift mount from Dominion, and the Hooke shelf brackets. They all bolt to the roll-bar in the same bolt locations and then I bolted them together.

IMG_1359.jpg
Thank you very much! That is exactly what I am going to do. Great setup.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The model that i have is as follows:

FRIDGE 50 QUART CLASSIC SERIES 2PLUG B USA SPEC P/N 10801472
TRANSIT BAG CLASSIC FRIDGE 50 QTSERIES 2 GREY/BLACK P/N 10900043

I sell them so if your interested in a price just shoot me a PM.
Thanks, will let you know when ready.

Sponsored

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IMG_1359.jpg
Much noise from the jack inside? I tossed a few wire ties around some loose parts but still seems to make noise side to side. Could not really figure out where it was coming from in/on the jack.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Much noise from the jack inside? I tossed a few wire ties around some loose parts but still seems to make noise side to side. Could not really figure out where it was coming from in/on the jack.
No rattling. I store some extra bungees strung from the jack bar to the runner. So that stays preloaded pretty good.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL

IMG_1359.jpg
I have reached out to Hooke several times in an attempt to purchase these rollbar brackets. They replied to the first few emails requesting order #'s etc and then went dark. I bought two of these shelves and have recommended to several guys that have reached out and asked about them. Disappointing. Guess I will have to look at fabing up some brackets.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
@ Sprint 7.
I'd imagine a outfit like that just sells whole systems. Not parts. Pretty sure they are just a distributor.
Maybe you can find someone to take that one off your hands and buy the other model?
Just for clarification I ordered: SKU QP.BXG-523

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
I'm very much leaning in the AAL direction. Any noise/rattles coming from the slider? I want to make sure whatever I get, it's quiet.
Sponsored