First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

***UPDATE***
Took the DIY route and got it to work. :) You can read more about it here: A DIY Solution for Soft Tops: Fridge Slide, Drawer System & Sleeping Platform

Hi folks! I just picked up my first powered cooler/fridge (SetPower RV45). I also have a 4 door with a soft top.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to use and access the fridge without needing to undo the entire rear soft top tailgate bar and peel up the rear window panel every time I want to grab a drink. What a PITA!

I currently have a DIY deck system I built & posted on the forums a while back. I'm in the redesign stages now. Ideally I will have 1 drawer on the right, and the fridge on the left.

From the "floor" of my current 1/2" plywood base, the RV45 fridge is about 1/3" too tall to clear the bottom of the soft top. That also assumes the fridge sits perfectly flush with the floor of the deck, so in reality I'm about 1/2" short.
  • Deck to tailgate bar: 17"
  • Fridge height: 17.3"

My next best idea is to have the fridge slide FORWARDS over the left-hand rear seat (40% from the 60/40 split). Then all I would need to do is fold down the seat, slide, and grab a drink. I would likely just leave the seat folded down during a trip.

Removing the seats isn't an option for me as the Jeep is also a DD and I have a kids who frequently rides with me.

Prebuilt Option from American Adventure Labs: I was looking at AAL's MASS platform as it would be one of the thinnest base platform options (rather than a DIY plywood base) coupled with one of their sliders, but it appears from their photos that I'll still be too tall. I'm thinking the base plate sits on risers.

Photo is the exact AAL set up and fridge combination I'm referring to.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slide & Soft Top Solution er-RV45D-Refrigerator-Mounting-Brackets-4-1199x800
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@4x4tographer
Ryan,
Here's one option to consider.

Proceed with caution, though. When fully secured in place, the rear soft window panel provides an important retention function for the side window panels. Driving with any portion of the rear panel unconnected increases the risk of loss of the side panels. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the ad copy omits this data.

The linked kit should make fridge access easier, and safer, when the vehicle is parked.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I feel like I would just reach over the back seat.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe get a hardtop.

hoch

First Name
Hoch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I am in the same predicament. I have an Iceco 45qt fridge. Doesn’t clear the rear window.

I’ve come to the conclusion, I’m getting a smaller fridge. Something like an Iceco JP30. 15” height.
Sponsored