ULTRA JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon - Billet Silver
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I'm looking to do! Do you mind sharing your dimensions on the plywood? Looks awesome and fits perfect.
Traveling today. I’ll measure on Friday evening and report back.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Snowmastr is calling me. I think the dimensions are a nice fit and the size is perfect. The weight is about 40lbs. Thier warranty is 7 years, which simply trounces everybody else, except maybe some Engel models, which I think are 5 years. Andrew St. Pierre White, who runs the 4xOverland YouTube channel and is a big time experienced Overlander, swears by the Snomaster. He had a video where he spent 5 minutes or more going over the reasons he prefers them. That influenced me heavily, along with the dimensions, cost, features, and weight.

I may get it soon, if they have them in stock, or later, if I have to wait for the next shipment. Either way, I'll post up and give initial impressions when I get it. I think it will be a real winner.

Thanks for all the advice and shared experience with all the different brands. I think the big manufacturers are all pretty solid, with some rising above others, either in features, quality, and/or customer service. I'd probably be thrilled with any of them.

Let's keep this thread going, as others might be in the market and could benefit from continued discussion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I was surprised today! I ordered this thing thinking it would be here at the end of September, and it showed up today! Purple Santa delivered the Snomaster! The size turned out to be just right. It is sitting in the back of my Jeep, full of drinks, cooling down (plugged into AC to do the heavy work, then Jeep DC will do the job tomorrow.) I strapped it down with a couple short bungies and put a rubberized cable bike lock around the back tie down and handle, to make it a little harder for anybody getting any funny ideas. I'll be serving cold lemonade, water, and ginger ale to some colleagues after work tomorrow! This thing is impressively quiet, even when the compressor is at high speed for rapid cooling. It went from 90 degrees to 32 in about 14 minutes, empty. I took it down to zero. Snomaster says it will get to 8 below. Wow!
Here are some initial pics.
RChTcdd.jpg
fnSACxS.jpg
cJFxpeC.jpg
p8HsDh8.jpg
Df7jUDz.jpg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Ok, I was surprised today! I ordered this thing thinking it would be here at the end of September, and it showed up today! Purple Santa delivered the Snomaster! The size turned out to be just right. It is sitting in the back of my Jeep, full of drinks, cooling down (plugged into AC to do the heavy work, then Jeep DC will do the job tomorrow.) I strapped it down with a couple short bungies and put a rubberized cable bike lock around the back tie down and handle, to make it a little harder for anybody getting any funny ideas. I'll be serving cold lemonade, water, and ginger ale to some colleagues after work tomorrow! This thing is impressively quiet, even when the compressor is at high speed for rapid cooling. It went from 90 degrees to 32 in about 14 minutes, empty. I took it down to zero. Snomaster says it will get to 8 below. Wow!
RChTcdd.jpg
fnSACxS.jpg
cJFxpeC.jpg
p8HsDh8.jpg
Df7jUDz.jpg
Wow that’s cool. Love the voltage sensor and battery gauge

I prefer the rear power cord with arb

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
RChTcdd.jpg
fnSACxS.jpg
cJFxpeC.jpg
p8HsDh8.jpg
Df7jUDz.jpg
Would like to see some pics of it with the retaining bungies and lock to get a feel for non-permanent mounting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that’s cool. Love the voltage sensor and battery gauge

I prefer the rear power cord with arb
I also like the ARB's divider in the basket, but I like the slightly shorter length on this one. Can't go wrong either way. I got a smoking deal on this thing. They are sending me an insulated cover in a month or two, when they get a shipment. I'll update as I gain experience living with it. So far, I'm very impressed.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to see some pics of it with the retaining bungies and lock to get a feel for non-permanent mounting.
I'll take a few tomorrow for you. The bungees are good for now, but I'll try and find something better. They do hold it in place pretty well. The lock really worked out well. The handles feel pretty sturdy, too.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Take a look at truckfridge.com. The TBXX models are made by Indel B. Mine came in an Indel B box and wasn't even re-branded. Truck Fridge sells them for way less than the competition. I have the TB51 and it has been great.

cory15000

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
I just received my Dometic slide today only to realize that it won't fit the JL's (31" L) because of the angle of rear seats so it's back to the drawing board for me (won't allow for a full enclosed storage/ kitchen unit).

Have come across Black Forest FF31 and slide and it looks like the dimensions look a little more suitable for what I am trying to achieve.

Does anyone here have much experience with BF/ Webasto?

Hoping to run a single battery set up as well.

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
Engel MT-45 with a Black Forest Slide ($199) and Engle quick lock hold down.
Line-X Plywood. Still looking at cutting a lid into the plywood for cubby access

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Recommendation Poll Included Df7jUDz
Hi, I really like this setup. Did you look at the Engel slide? Would it fit? The reason I ask is its hard to get some brands in Australia like Black Forest. Also are you able to provide the cutting dimensions for the plywood base?

Sponsored

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
I purchased a stakool generic brand fridge and 0 issues use it all the time atleast once or twice every week for keep things cold and it rocks.
Amazon special for sale at 250 of you keep an eye out.

Letmiggyb

First Name
MIGGY C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Jl Rubicon
Question I have a 2020 jeep with a cigarette plug in rear cargo area direct power factory can I just plu my fridge there dometic 55 why use a seperate adapter

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Question I have a 2020 jeep with a cigarette plug in rear cargo area direct power factory can I just plu my fridge there dometic 55 why use a seperate adapter
The wire gauge is much thinner than the ARB or specialty harness running direct to battery.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have an Engel MT35 that I purchased in 2003 or 2004. It’s been running approximately 90% of the time since then, either in the Jeep, work truck or house. It works as well today as it did the day I bought it.
Sponsored