Freedom top storage?

ssangyongs

First Name
Amirul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Ford Explorer, Wrangler JLU Sport
The bag works fine. All you need to do is a little patience when doing it for the first time. Just like prom nite when cherries popped

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
@Jeeprubicongurl

Consider this versus fooling with that clunky bag.. Takes seconds to place the Freedom Panels in this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ustom-padded-carrying-holding-envelope.15184/

Of course, you could just buy a Bestop Sunrider for JL and not bother with the Freedom Panels anymore..
I recommend the Sunrider for hardtop: https://www.quadratec.com/p/bestop/twill-sunrider-hardtop-20-jeep-wrangler-jl

Bestop-52452-17-Sunrider-For-Hardtop-JL-Cropped-Installed_0.jpg

Bestop-52452-17-Sunrider-For-Hardtop-JL-Installed-Closed_0.jpg

It is super easy to flip back!

Have a great day,
Hailey

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The Bestop Sunrider for JL has been the best investment I have made. I wouldn't have taken the freedom panels off yet with the weather in the past few weeks, but the ease rapid open and close as well as not having to store the freedom panels in the cargo area has been great.

It is also only 6 T-40 bolts to remove for when it is time to go topless. So only adding a couple minutes at most. I was contemplating getting a full soft top for summer, but not now.

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
$800 for the twill? No thanks. You used to able to buy a complete soft top for that much.
<Back in my day, gas was a nickel.>

LOL!

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
The Bestop Sunrider for JL has been the best investment I have made. I wouldn't have taken the freedom panels off yet with the weather in the past few weeks, but the ease rapid open and close as well as not having to store the freedom panels in the cargo area has been great.

It is also only 6 T-40 bolts to remove for when it is time to go topless. So only adding a couple minutes at most. I was contemplating getting a full soft top for summer, but not now.
Well hell for $800 for the Sunrider you could’ve paid for most of the soft top!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well hell for $800 for the Sunrider you could’ve paid for most of the soft top!
@Troutster

Been there done that ... had 2 or so Wrangler's with soft tops. Friggin never again.

Give me the hard top with a Bestop Sunrider... either that or have the SR and then just remove the whole hard top top when you want. Forget the soft top.

To me soft tops are far more trouble and more pain then they are worth.

To each his own.

Troutster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
@Troutster

Been there done that ... had 2 or so Wrangler's with soft tops. Friggin never again.

Give me the hard top with a Bestop Sunrider... either that or have the SR and then just remove the whole hard top top when you want. Forget the soft top.

To me soft tops are far more trouble and more pain then they are worth.

To each his own.

I think you may have misread the conversation, he was thinking of buying a soft top to use of the summer, not as his year round top. He already has a hard top so he was looking for the soft top as a supplement top. For $800 you can almost have a soft top to play around with

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you may have misread the conversation, he was thinking of buying a soft top to use of the summer, not as his year round top. He already has a hard top so he was looking for the soft top as a supplement top. For $800 you can almost have a soft top to play around with
@Troutster

Well, not sure if I misread but..... but if I had were pondering..... a Bestop Sunrider for JL or a soft top.... well, no way would I go with a soft top.

No way, not even if you gave me the soft top for little... Own / Use/ Enjoy a SR after having / dealing with a soft top and you may understand my sentiment.

Again, to each his own.... but for me, hard top off or a SR.

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
@Troutster

Well, not sure if I misread but..... but if I had were pondering..... a Bestop Sunrider for JL or a soft top.... well, no way would I go with a soft top.

No way, not even if you gave me the soft top for little... Own / Use/ Enjoy a SR after having / dealing with a soft top and you may understand my sentiment.

Again, to each his own.... but for me, hard top off or a SR.
I originally looked at a full soft top. But I got a TopLifts Pro as well. So the Sunrider made the most sense as it is easy to take the full top off, epecially with a battery powered rachet. I'll use the cash difference on more toys.

biggprikk

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

Is it easy to remove for winter if you wish to go back to hard tops.
Sponsored