Fox shocks with Rubi take offs?

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
I’m going to install rubicon take off springs and shocks next weekend. I’ve heard the rubicon shocks ride tougher than the sport ones, so I was thinking about the fox 2.0 as an alternative. Is this a viable option? Any other recommendations? Open to other lifts as well.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m going to install rubicon take off springs and shocks next weekend. I’ve heard the rubicon shocks ride tougher than the sport ones, so I was thinking about the fox 2.0 as an alternative. Is this a viable option? Any other recommendations? Open to other lifts as well.
The Mopar Fox shocks are for lifted vehicle and the stock Rubicon isn't "lifted"
You might be able to get away with it but I think the FOX IFP 2.0 0"-1.5" shock would be a better decision.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you lifting ? Looks ? Run larger tires ? What’s the end game ?

The fox 2.0s are great shocks but they’re gonna feel firmer than you’re stock shocks as well. If you want the exact same ride you have now, then do spacer lift with shock extensions, and Mopar lift lower control arms.

The spacer lift does not change spring rate so there’s no difference in ride quality other than being a little higher. Now if you’re gonna be doing more off roading then that’s gonna be a different conversation……..

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
I’m wanting to run 33’s without rub when I take to the trails. I also want it to sit like a rubicon, maybe a bit higher. I’m planning on ordering some method 701’s on 285’s. I have Rubi springs and shocks, along with Tera flex .5’ spacers and the mopar lca’s. I may just throw that on and see how it feels. I think the mopar 2.5” is too tall for me, but not sure of any quality alternatives.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m wanting to run 33’s without rub when I take to the trails. I also want it to sit like a rubicon, maybe a bit higher. I’m planning on ordering some method 701’s on 285’s. I have Rubi springs and shocks, along with Tera flex .5’ spacers and the mopar lca’s. I may just throw that on and see how it feels. I think the mopar 2.5” is too tall for me, but not sure of any quality alternatives.
Check my thread here, I also installed Fox 2.0s (the 0 to1.5" lift application), been very happy the overall setup. As @Roky said, it will be a firmer overall ride, but more controlled, especially in washboard type terrain. Also better overall stability and more suspension travel.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
The fox are former than the rubicon shocks?

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
blnewt is the “rubi takeoff guru” around here. His thread is money. And make sure you get some longer LCA’s to improve castor, right blnewt?! 😉👍

OP
OP
SteveA

SteveA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
I have the longer lca’s!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
The fox are former than the rubicon shocks?
Fox are firmer, but in a good way (if that makes sense), Jeep won't feel mushy like it can sometimes w/ the stock shocks, will absorb the smaller imperfections better not jostling the Jeep, like I mentioned washboard type stuff. If you're wanting just a plush-type suspension probably better off running spacers on your stock setup (although you may get more lift than you're wanting). Something like a 1.5" leveling kit perhaps if you don't want the full 2.5" that's common w/ spacer lift sets.
The jump in firmness from stock to rubi takeoffs is noticeable, but it's not drastic at all, The next jump in firmness from the Rubi shocks to Fox shocks is also noticeable and a bit more drastic, but like I said, in a good way :) No regrets from me, very glad where it's at right now, very good behavior off-road too.

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
i have rubi shocks and springs on my sport. with 33 ko2's and have driven it all over the place on road, and the trails here in va. I honestly didn't think the ride changed all that much.
Sponsored