Forward Collision Warning Indicator

kw2629

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I have a 2021 Rubicon. When I start the engine, the forward collision warning light comes on indicating the system is off. I have the FCW turned on in the settings. Anyone else experienced this issue. The dealership said they had not head of any similar issues from other owners. I have an appointment to have it checked, but wanted to ask the forum before going there. The dashboard light does not stay on.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have a 2021 Rubicon. When I start the engine, the forward collision warning light comes on indicating the system is off. I have the FCW turned on in the settings. Anyone else experienced this issue. The dealership said they had not head of any similar issues from other owners. I have an appointment to have it checked, but wanted to ask the forum before going there. The dashboard light does not stay on.
I noticed this yesterday on ours. Haven't looked into it at all.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
i have the same thing. I was driving 4 hour road trip and then the last 40miles I got a warning Foward Collision and Cruise controls were “unavailable and service was required” but after I restarted the messages never came up. I pushed down a fuse in my fuse box and it went down a lot so that might be it but at start up the FCW off is still there for A few seconds. Don’t know if it’s worth the hassle of going to the dealer. FCW does work though.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I see y’all own a 2021.

Could it be that FCA was running short on some key chip...?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Ill bet you Aux battery, these new systems cannot handle voltage drop

Sponsored

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I've noticed these messages on mine from time to time. I'll start it, put it in reverse and get to the end of my driveway and put it in drive. When I put it in drive, it says that the FCW is on.

In my other car (subaru), I've had the eyesight (FCW) say disabled during torrential downpours and snow. So there are times that I think it gets disabled.

On the Jeep, I don't know if there's just a delay sometimes or if there's more to it where something bad is going to happen in the future. I also see the icons on the radio be goofy sometimes when I start it, so I just attribute a lot of this to things booting up.

Kevin_S1126

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Since the day I got mine, when I turn the truck on that light goes on along with other lights but then goes out immediately. I think it might be a start up thing honestly

duanestarck

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, willys wrangler
Duane said:
I have a new 2022 Wrangler Rubicon. When I start the engine, the forward collision warning light comes on indicating the system is off. I have the FCW turned on in the computer settings. Anyone else experienced this issue? The dealerships say: 1st. to River Front, No sensors in bumper, he was totally wrong. 2nd. trip Only works under 32 mph, may not work and will not stop the Jeep in FCW or adaptive cruise. I tested adaptive cruise, It will stop my Jeep completely. 3rd shop trip to Dempsey, you didn't buy Jeep here. Computer states it's working. Only a passive system may not work. Not sure if Jeep Engineers are as smart as GM Engineers. I tested it out, I get NO visual or audible alerts. No brake pumping or stopping. So far nobody at Jeep is willing enough to think past the computer statement of its on. The dashboard FCW light of off does not stay on over 5 seconds. Does anyone have a solution to turn on the system after the computer?

Sponsored

Mutlkey53

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL, purchased new in April 2021
Same with my JL after windscreen was replaced and the Jeep dealer was paid to align the camera. Useless bugger.

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
If you get this while driving, Clean your windshield. Heavy rain and bug splats tend to upset it. Also for you in dusty environments folding the windshield down to clean helps.
Sponsored