2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Eheheh...9 pages later...
I havenā€™t been keeping up with it. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s 10 pages of people saying the exact same thing šŸ¤£

Iā€™ll be honest when I rolled into the dealership and they asked what I was looking for I immediately said a JLUR before correcting myself. Itā€™s become habit around enthusiast.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I havenā€™t been keeping up with it. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s 10 pages of people saying the exact same thing šŸ¤£

Iā€™ll be honest when I rolled into the dealership and they asked what I was looking for I immediately said a JLUR before correcting myself. Itā€™s become habit around enthusiast.
I donā€˜t say I drive a JLR around other Jeep people, only 2 door Rubicon. Really the only people I notice that actually verbally say what specific Wrangler they have is TJ owners.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I donā€˜t say I drive a JLR around other Jeep people, only 2 door Rubicon. Really the only people I notice that actually verbally say what specific Wrangler they have is TJ owners.
Iā€™ve always been specific. I may be old school. I came up around CJs and everyone would specify CJ-5, CJ-7, CJ-8. I donā€™t just lead with JL, if your just a casual Iā€™ll say ā€œa Jeepā€, but typically if youā€™re with enthusiasts itā€™s assumed your already in a wrangler, so when the question of ā€œwhat do you driveā€ comes up, I answer with JL. Although I guess thatā€™s JLUR now.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Iā€™ve always been specific. I may be old school. I came up around CJs and everyone would specify CJ-5, CJ-7, CJ-8. I donā€™t just lead with JL, if your just a casual Iā€™ll say ā€œa Jeepā€, but typically if youā€™re with enthusiasts itā€™s assumed your already in a wrangler, so when the question of ā€œwhat do you driveā€ comes up, I answer with JL. Although I guess thatā€™s JLUR now.
CJ is a real Jeep :lipssealed:

INB4 Willys MB or whatever.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

The people who take the fun out of buying a new car are the scumbag salesmen who know nothing
about what they are selling the finance dudes who are even worse. Dealerships are full of ignorant clowns. Period.

If you asked me for JJJLLUINNO I would be like "I don't know that one can you tell me more?"

Not like communication is hard. On both sides. Yeah the dude was asking for something but as a salesman I would at least say can you explain what you are looking for?

Hey for 4000 dollars I can give you a shitty warranty to boot.

Deleted member 59498

Just because you would put in the effort doesn't mean others want to or even need to.

When it comes to commodity sales like cars, the most effective sales people learn about people and how to convince them to sign on the bottom line. Learning about the product is pretty far down on the list to accomplish that in car sales.

It's hard for enthusiasts to understand that others aren't enthusiastic like them. But it's true.
Yeah work ethics lets give them a pass?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That was not the case and how I am served by my Jeep is probably best known by me.
True that, I was not commenting specifically on your needs/wants. But 99 out of 100 times if a sales person steers an average light vehicle customer away from a diesel, they are doing a service. They are doing it for the wrong reasons (lack of inventory or knowledge), but it's still leaving the customer better off. Modern diesels on light vehicles are simply a nightmare.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Well personally if I had job where I sold you something I would try to be the best expert possible about those products. I mean it is not even hard just hang out around here or read the specs.

Just makes you a better salesmen and it literally is not difficult even with the plethora of jeep types!
Yeah, that's what everyone says... Until they have the job themselves. Internet and reality isn't the same.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
The people who take the fun out of buying a new car are the scumbag salesmen who know nothing
about what they are selling the finance dudes who are even worse. Dealerships are full of ignorant clowns. Period.
Well said Scott!! It's sickening even thinking about dealing with these goofballs.

I truly miss the days of a local motorcycle dealership (Champion Motorcycles). I knew all the guys and they actually rode and raced. I never had to play games when buying a bike and was able to get no nonsense parts and service done.

I might add the sales, parts, service staff actually knew their jobs and the finance manager did everything he could to get riders financed and put them on the right bike. Never once was over or under sold.

The Service manager had a little side gig doing suspension services. He rode and raced the same bike as I did (XR600R). And in the same places. To this day I have never had a bike so well setup suspension wise as that one.......

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have to say *ALL* of my buying experiences in the last decade+ have been extremely pleasant. Other than having to say no a few times to the extended warranty thingy in the manager's office, I had no negative interactions whatsoever.

When I bought my JLUR, I negotiated the deal on the parking lot, with a salesperson who was a Jeeper (re ran in and out a couple of times). I spent less than 5 min in the finance/manager's office - that is not an exaggeration. Total time spend at the dealership from arrival, to departure with my new JLUR was Ėœ1:15 min. Most of it was removing things from my trade (JKUR) to new Jeep with the help from the sales guy.

The only stress I get at dealerships is having warranty work done. What a pain!!!!
Sponsored