Florida Roll Call!

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
@Catiajockey I think you hit the nail on the head haha its definitely a plus that a bumper with a winch just looks badass. Also @X99104 I think you're right in that a winch might give me a little too much confidence for a total newbie.

You guys give some compelling arguments for the tires. Im glad I asked cause I'll be honest, I had cart full of stuff and I damn near ordered it all.

I've been enjoying the heck out of the car and Im glad to find that its such a welcoming community. I've been getting my first jeep waves and its been great keeping track with my kid how many we get when we go driving.

Thanks for the input and warm welcome, everyone!
Be careful , there are some here who's heads explode if you call your Jeep a car.....
In all seriousness though, Jeeps are kinda like Harley's "no two are the same" and most of the owners will do everything they can to help you out.
Sponsored

X99104

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR, 88 YJ, 78 CJ-7 304
Absolutely. It's Friday! Safe and good trip I hope?
Yep., already been to Nashville and the job I thought was in Memphis is in Puerto Rico in a few weeks

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Be careful , there are some here who's heads explode if you call your Jeep a car.....
In all seriousness though, Jeeps are kinda like Harley's "no two are the same" and most of the owners will do everything they can to help you out.
My head exploded when I read that. Thankfully before I jumped the gunon a response I read yours first. Situation avoided lol

Sponsored

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
My head exploded when I read that. Thankfully before I jumped the gunon a response I read yours first. Situation avoided lol
welp, now that’s it’s been established I’m a total N00b I might as well ask: what’s the etiquette on naming you Jeep? I’ve see a few out on the road with names where the Rubicon decal would be.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
welp, now that’s it’s been established I’m a total N00b I might as well ask: what’s the etiquette on naming you Jeep? I’ve see a few out on the road with names where the Rubicon decal would be.
Anything you want......my only suggestion would be, don’t use the word car anywhere on your rig........😁

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
So I’ve been calling shops to get quotes on having tires and maybe a lift kit in case I can’t find a rubi take off and one of them told me I’d need new wheels if I do a lift kit. is there any truth to that? I can’t seem to find any info online specifically saying that a lift = new wheels.

Sponsored

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4Door
Occupation
IT Project Manager/Qlik Sense Admin
So I’ve been calling shops to get quotes on having tires and maybe a lift kit in case I can’t find a rubi take off and one of them told me I’d need new wheels if I do a lift kit. is there any truth to that? I can’t seem to find any info online specifically saying that a lift = new wheels.
there is no rule saying you need new wheels to get a lift kit. Yes it might look weird but there are no rules.

For wheels and tires i would recommend custom wheel offset. Their site has tons of wheels and tires. You can create combos or see other jeeps with the specific tires or wheels you want.

thats where i got mine and had them shipped to my house mounted and balanced. Got them put on this weekend here at the house.

Unfortunately in miami i dont trust many shops and half of them want to push onto you what they want to sell so yeah. If you want hit me up on instagram and we can talk more.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What the shop is talking about is some kits require a certain backspace so you don’t rub the front lcas when in full turn. Just ask when you pick a lift kit what they recommend. Sometimes you can add wheel spacers or turn out the turn stops if you want to keep stock rims.

JeeperVirus

First Name
Chris or Dex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4Door
Occupation
IT Project Manager/Qlik Sense Admin
Ended up starting down the rabbit hole yesterday with some 33 Grapplers and already got some dirt on them today! Thanks for all the solid advice everyone!

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! B1484F15-CA0B-4D9C-A246-5869560B2960

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! B1484F15-CA0B-4D9C-A246-5869560B2960
looks great. Did you have any rubbing on the european portion of the front bumper(the little air damn that comes up under our sport fenders) while turning?

Now if you find some rubicon fenders or take-off springs/shocks it will help with clearance while articulating. Honestly, either one will help but both would be ideal.

7thson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
looks great. Did you have any rubbing on the european portion of the front bumper(the little air damn that comes up under our sport fenders) while turning?

Now if you find some rubicon fenders or take-off springs/shocks it will help with clearance while articulating. Honestly, either one will help but both would be ideal.
No rubbing that I could hear or feel.

Definitely still looking for a rubicon takeoff!
Sponsored