Florida Roll Call!

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yeah.... my winch was bogging down, but it never stopped, and I wasn’t heavy enough, so there was another Jeep hooked to me in 4 w low and locked, spinning all 4 tires to keep me from moving. We finally pulled him up, but if we couldn’t have, I already had a tree picked out for a snatch block, lol.
I can imagine.
Sponsored

OrlandoJL

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Yeah.... my winch was bogging down, but it never stopped, and I wasn’t heavy enough, so there was another Jeep hooked to me in 4 w low and locked, spinning all 4 tires to keep me from moving. We finally pulled him up, but if we couldn’t have, I already had a tree picked out for a snatch block, lol.
I’m sorry, but that is beyond dumb lol. Why on earth would anyone try to push through that.

Glad you were able to help them Roky.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Because people are dumb
I think it was all worth it when the guy who initially rejected Rocky's offer and said he would pull him out with a tow strap had to eat crow and finally accepted rocky's offer. I learned that you should not reject an offer of help and accept their offer as a plan "B" in the event your method fails.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
A disclaimer and an apology ahead of time. I’ve pretty much forgotten all of your REAL first names, as it’s been months since I wheeled with you - and I’ve been hit in the head too many times ;). Name tags, anyone? Lol
You can call me night hawk

Sponsored

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
Anyone going this weekend?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
They added the trails I submitted long ago! Pretty neat! Now we have BOH trail in FLORIDA! You’re welcome LOL
The trail is so narrow they are scheduling another cleanup day and asking for volunteers:

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Hey brother.... I wouldn’t mine helping out, who do I contact about it, I don’t do the Facebook and what not.
I don't use Facebook either but this is what I see:

"***UPDATE*** Met with the USDA Forestry officer yesterday. This event is an official sanctioned event in conjunction with the Forestry department. We will have a volunteer sign in and also track the hours worked. That will go to the USDA Forestry for their records. The only thing they ask is no one use a chainsaw. We can bring pole saws, even the ones with a small chainsaw blade. They consider those a pole saw. (I made sure of that) Hand tools, loppers and things. Also can bring powered hedge trimmers, gas or battery powered. I have mapped out many areas that need work. We will meet at 9 and 316 and have a meeting, sign in and depending on the turn out, split up and head to different parts that need cleaning.

This is a joint venture with the USDA Forestry Department and is the first time it’s being done. If anyone goes out and does this stuff alone, you can and probably will get a fine/ticket. Please do it when it’s aloud. Should have a flyer from the USDA in a couple of days for this event. Hope you can make it!

We will meet at 316 OHV Trailhead. Then we will go to the start of the Tread Lightly Badge Of Honor Trail. Bring gloves, pole saws, and whatever else you would like. We will be clearing trees, bushes and making the trail a little wider so more people can enjoy it and get a BOH. Some people don’t mind the Ocala pinstripes, some do. Let’s make this a better trail for all the Jeeping community! Bring a cooler and lunch."

I start a 3-week on-call rotation today so I can't make it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't use Facebook either but this is what I see:

"***UPDATE*** Met with the USDA Forestry officer yesterday. This event is an official sanctioned event in conjunction with the Forestry department. We will have a volunteer sign in and also track the hours worked. That will go to the USDA Forestry for their records. The only thing they ask is no one use a chainsaw. We can bring pole saws, even the ones with a small chainsaw blade. They consider those a pole saw. (I made sure of that) Hand tools, loppers and things. Also can bring powered hedge trimmers, gas or battery powered. I have mapped out many areas that need work. We will meet at 9 and 316 and have a meeting, sign in and depending on the turn out, split up and head to different parts that need cleaning.

This is a joint venture with the USDA Forestry Department and is the first time it’s being done. If anyone goes out and does this stuff alone, you can and probably will get a fine/ticket. Please do it when it’s aloud. Should have a flyer from the USDA in a couple of days for this event. Hope you can make it!

We will meet at 316 OHV Trailhead. Then we will go to the start of the Tread Lightly Badge Of Honor Trail. Bring gloves, pole saws, and whatever else you would like. We will be clearing trees, bushes and making the trail a little wider so more people can enjoy it and get a BOH. Some people don’t mind the Ocala pinstripes, some do. Let’s make this a better trail for all the Jeeping community! Bring a cooler and lunch."

I start a 3-week on-call rotation today so I can't make it.
Thanks brother!

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hitting this trail in September, so y'all make sure to do a good job. I don't want any pinstriping, lol. (And I'm bringing a chainsaw)

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how they ended up setting the trail start and end mark up? Does anyone know yet? Usually there is a check-in spot where you login to the app and check-in when you’re close to the marker they setup and then check out by the designated end marker..

Poynter32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
I wonder how they ended up setting the trail start and end mark up? Does anyone know yet? Usually there is a check-in spot where you login to the app and check-in when you’re close to the marker they setup and then check out by the designated end marker..
Since there isn’t a specific trail they have put a marker in the middle of the National Forest. As long as you checkin within a certain radius it counts and you will get the badge.
Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! 68333812-414D-4E13-801B-FE8F3DD19370
Sponsored

Last edited: