Sponsored

Florida Roll Call!

Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Saw this car in the parking lot of Animal Kingdom....

Damn Love Bugs LOL!!!

4386EBF2-350A-402A-865B-0C36EA8BEFD2.jpeg
Makes you worry about what our keeps would like having run through wherever this guy did! I'm ready for them to go away although this weekend there have been noticeably fewer.

Pink Brit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"GAMORA" Mojito JLR 6-speed manual :)
Occupation
Personal Trainer
Makes you worry about what our keeps would like having run through wherever this guy did! I'm ready for them to go away although this weekend there have been noticeably fewer.
AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH I hate those damn love bugs. Didn't get a photo because I had to clean them off the second I got home before their acidic little innards ate through my paint, but I arrived home with a full windscreen of squished bug guts, a grill full of half-impacted bugs, and thanks to having the windows open, a bunch of squished bugs on both me and my back seat passengers due to a side wind driving back from St. Augustine to Gainesville. Can't wait for love bug season to be OVER! ... ok, finished ranting. My awesome Jeep is shiny and bug-free again, at least until I head out to work in the morning :)

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Since it is getting bug season in Florida, I wanted to protect my hood and possibly the windshield from bugs. I looked an a number of options and decided on the Auto Ventshade 436148 Aeroskin II Textured Black Flush Mount Hood Protector for 2018-2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and found it for $88 on Amazon. I like the shield since it matches the texture and color of the from bumpers and painted fender trim on my JLUR. You simply use the double sided 3M tape (included) to affix the shield to the hood. I love the low profile!

avs-hood-protector-1-jpg.jpg

avs-hood-protector-2-jpg.jpg
Hey John! There are only two photos in a review of this product on Amazon. Are they your pics?

Javikid

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Florida!!! Anything fun Jeep events going on any time soon??? There are so many of us out there, no meets or off-road events?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Florida!!! Anything fun Jeep events going on any time soon??? There are so many of us out there, no meets or off-road events?
I’d like to put together a meet at some point. Nothing crazy, maybe a beach run and some grub.

Other than that, it’s only like another 339 days until Jeep Beach 2020

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
A club is a great way for a less experienced Jeeper to get safe exposure to trail rides, or a more experienced trail rat to get more time offroad.

Anyone in Central FL that wanting opportunities to do trail rides, consider the Orlando Jeep Club. I joined a few months ago, and there are couple official club rides each month, and numerous other rides that members partake in. I think it's $40 a year. With a Group ride you can watch someone else navigate an obstacle, and decide on your best line, or to go around. If you get stuck or have trouble, there are knowledgeable people to offer whatever assistance necessary.

I've also heard good things about the Ocala Jeep Club, but have not joined them.

See you on the trails, or at the beach, or ....

Cheers,
James

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone else noticed this year compared to other previous years the bugs (not just love bugs) are like a lot worse.. What the heck?

I don’t ever remember having to clean my vehicles just because of bug juice..
Sponsored