Fishbone Stubby bumper / bumper delete

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Info on fitment/experience with the Fishbone JL stubby off road bumper? I just porchasedbkt along with Rusty’s rear fascia and will install when it arrives. Pics appreciated.
Sponsored

SkDmRkLcY

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I am going with a Nemesis bumper but I just took mine off and have been doing that while waiting for parts.

Curious to see-how the deletes look.

IMG_2005.jpeg

OP
OP
Blu_JLU

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I ordered the one with the recovery points at the frame

SkDmRkLcY

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I have gotten used to it like this so if I didn’t have everything ordered and in progress would likely have added these and called it good and saved a ton. Or one like you are going to use.

https://cavfab.com/products/jl-jlu-rear-recovery-d-ring-mounts

Why I picked up the Factor 55 hitch recovery point why I wait so I have something.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I just installed a rear delete on mine. I'm particularly pleased it will allow me to adjust my rear spare tire down. I'm waiting for some JB weld to cure after trimming the rear of the wheel well before I get it back out there. It did require a deadblow to convince it to slide into place.
What are your plans for the license plate? I don't care for the spare tire mounts, so I found one that mounts to a shackle and added a light.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blu_JLU

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I found a license plate mount that is similar to the JKs which sits under the tail light and is going to be secured with some rivnuts. It has a light that ties in to the OEM harness.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I found a license plate mount that is similar to the JKs which sits under the tail light and is going to be secured with some rivnuts. It has a light that ties in to the OEM harness.
Is that the Rugged Ridge unit? If not can you post what your looking at.

OP
OP
Blu_JLU

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Something off Amazon but the only thing I could find as I don’t lik the spare tire mounts

IMG_5280.jpeg

verapx

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 1982 CJ-8, 2012 Ram 2500 4WD
I have the Rusty’s extreme stubby rear and fascia. They are well made and the powder coat is smooth and semi glossy which might not match the rest of your armor and front bumper. They don’t match my front bumper or RSE Sliders but it’s okay for me.

Sponsored

Jeepskate512

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the Fishbone Barracuda from bumper and the Fishbone Rear Bumper Delete. Just finished the install of the Rusty’s rear fascia as well. No pics of the rear fascia fully installed yet. Just some mock ups, trying to get everything in line. I did notice with the rear delete that the middle section of the fascia doesn’t quite line up. Some massaging will have to take place.

IMG_2628.jpeg

IMG_2627.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2629.jpeg

OP
OP
Blu_JLU

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thanks. I’m thinking of using tape to Mich it up and ensure alignment. What license plate relocation are you using? Good luck

OP
OP
Blu_JLU

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
update: I installed the Fishbone stubby and Rusty’s rear fascia. Be aware- 1. you must reverse the tow hitch nut plate and two outer bolts or the bumper will not fit. 2. I need to use my angle grinder and cut away about a 1/4” notch in the L/R corner fascia so the bumper would slide on and align with the mounting holes. These are relatively easy fixes but if not creative, it wouldn’t have worked. Now that everything is installed, I’m very pleased.

IMG_5322.jpeg

IMG_5317.jpeg

IMG_5315.jpeg
Sponsored