Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I haven't been yet, but Bridgeport seems to be pretty popular. Lone Star also seems good, but is often pretty muddy.

There's also the North Texas Jeep Club if you're looking to connect with local folks. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthTexasJeepClub

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I haven't been yet, but Bridgeport seems to be pretty popular. Lone Star also seems good, but is often pretty muddy.

There's also the North Texas Jeep Club if you're looking to connect with local folks. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NorthTexasJeepClub
I drove up to Bridgeport to scope it out. About 45 min from my home. Looks fine...but much different than my off reading back in PA. After I get a few more miles on the JL... I will be spending a couple of hours up there. They also have a Facebook page and don’t forget the Texas regional forum...

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer isn't too far and much better than Bridgeport. Too many jeep clubs to list so just search on Facebook or Google. My club is going to be in Gilmer for a father's day run on Saturday the 19th.

Sponsored

JRINGO77

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Don't forget to sign up to get your badge of honor.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Bridgeport was pretty small. It was pretty dry when I went and I didnt really find anything challenging, but I didnt drive into the pits. I've gotten lazy and hate washing mud. Gilmer is pretty nice and there is more to do there. There's a place called Crossbar Ranch up in Davis, OK which is only a couple hours from Dallas. I drove around there for a little bit but didnt get off the main trail since I was in a pickup on street tires. My Dad says there is a lot to do there. As a bonus, its right by Turner Falls. If you are willing to drive a bit farther, Hot Springs ORV is really nice.

I grew up in Dallas and we used to go down to the Trinity River bottoms all the time mudding and fishing. I think they've closed off or developed most if not all of that land though.
Sponsored