Sponsored

First time Jeep owner...

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
Nice ride, welcome to the group
Sponsored

sguido2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Ride, #1 - protect door hinges with 3M film, asap. I did and it prevents paint chips on the front of the hinges. Then go Mod crazy!

OP
OP

azlawyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Sarge Green JL Rubicon
one touch?
I went with the hard top to try and minimize some highway noise when we head up to ski country. I went back and forth for weeks over the choice.

OP
OP

azlawyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Sarge Green JL Rubicon
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I went with the hard top to try and minimize some highway noise when we head up to ski country. I went back and forth for weeks over the choice.
Jason, your response segues beautifully into that which is the essence of the Wrangler, and part of why we love it so much. Additionally, it lends support to why you're never boxed in by your factory choices, only how much time and $ you're willing to spend.

The community is remarkable creative and rolls their sleeves up.

Clear Freedom roof panels: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-clear-roof-panels.65788/page-2#post-1404599

Ideal for sliding Freedom panels:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ry-ideas-for-manufacturers.16236/post-1105903

Modular top:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...isnt-offered-by-anyone-yet.26701/post-1067116

Flip back Freedom Panels:

https://www.bestop.com/sunrider-for-hard-top-jljt/

The list goes on...:)

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Congratulations! My one and only advice. DONT rush on the mods. Over time, as you use your awesome jeep you will figure out what you want and not want added to it
Have fun!

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Congrats on a beautiful new Jeep and welcome to the Jeep family!

As for that 'rabbit hole'...You will find it much like the one from "Alice in Wonderland", however in our case we fall into a magical land of endless options, upgrades and 'must-haves'...In my case I am nearing $20K (my original budget was well under under $5K) and that is with me doing all labor!
Pics please?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it stock for a while as you get to know the jeep and its capabilities. The “mod bug” is overrated; my Rubicon has been stock since I took delivery in April 2019 and I still have fun with it every weekend and enjoy every minute of driving it. If you financed your jeep, put mod money towards paying it off early... that’s just my personal philosophy. Unless money is no object to you, in which case go crazy.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Pics please?

Will post complete build specs and pics when finished, hopefully within 4-6 weeks. UD44 w/4.88's arrives this week, have 4.88 rear gears and master install kit-still waiting on Dana chromoly rear axles. Also still waiting on one more JL Audio amp (dedicated sub amp) and an additional JL Audio Stealthbox to arrive before I dissect the interior for long-planned audio, interior (leather trim except staying with cloth seats) and soundproofing upgrades. Another thing I am still waiting on is Borla's long-overdue Touring Climber Cat Back exhaust for the 2-door JL's...Three months ago they told me January, now all they say is coming soon...

21SargeJLUR

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge Green
I picked this beauty up this afternoon, and I'm already down the Jeep rabbit hole! Any tips or advice for a newbie to Jeep life?

Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 9.19.01 PM.png
Looks great! I have 21 Sarge Green Rubi as well and love it so far! color match top looks awesome on yours..

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Gratz! Take a slow and considered approach to mods. What you think is important now can easily change in several months when you're more familiar with it. See what's available and don't jump on the first thing you see, there's probably another similar item available to consider as well.

Start out with cheaper protective mods while it's still shiny and fresh. Things such as 3M film on door hinges (paint chips there are inevitable), door sill protectors, heavy duty floor mats, screen protector, etc. Think about how you'll use it, what will take abuse and can it use extra protection.

Then move on to your no-brainer, definitely want mods. For me that was a tailgate table , dashboard device mounting bar and storage bags that utilize wasted space. Then after long consideration go for more significant mods. Jeeps really are never finished custom Lego creations, but the parts are expensive. So carefully consider what you want, sleep on it for a good while and don't rush it.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Congrats on the new Jeep👍. My advice would be to drive it and enjoy it for a few thousand miles, then see what, if anything, YOU need or want. Tons of folks drop lots of $$$ for stuff they don’t need and which sometimes turns out not to work with what they actually DO need..