Sponsored

Most wanted accessory that isn't offered by anyone yet

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Bigger gas tank for us poor 2dr folks :(
Sponsored

jscherb

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU, 2006 LJ, 2006 Wrangler Pickup
This was one of the things I was most excited about way back when the closest thing we had to a spy shot of the JL was that goofy looking Renegade-Wrangler abomination floating about the Internet with the modular hard top. Even though the JL soft top is a huge improvement over previous generations, I'd still be happy with a hard top you could take apart in pieces simply for the ease of being able to take the entire thing off by yourself.
The 2dr JK with the converted to modular hardtop in the photos is my son's, he lives in an apartment in Philadelphia and changes the configuration of his Jeep regularly to suit the weather and his plans. He goes from full hardtop to partial hardtop with roll-up soft sides to full soft top regularly, and stores the pieces that are off the Jeep in his small apartment. The modular hardtop works out very well for his lifestyle and storage space.

The parts off the Jeep. This is at my house, somewhere I think I have photos of some of the parts in his apartment.

ModularHardtopOff_zpsy6a9sage.jpg

I converted this hardtop to modular in my home garage; the same thing is possible with the JL hardtop following step-by-step instructions that I posted on another forum.

Big Hoss

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Some type of engine/trans/compression brake would be nice. Even in 1st gear, it barely holds you back going down a decent hill. Mine will rev to the moon until I hit the brakes.