Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am part of a group of holster makers that will make and donate holsters for disabled vets. Here is one going to a well deserving Beretta M9 A1 owner. Sure hope he likes it, we can't thank these guys and their families enough for their courage and sacrifice.

Beretta 92FS with Shark (2).jpg
As a totally disabled veteran, I want to THANK YOU for what you do for my brothers and sisters! Do you make IWBs? Peace.
Sponsored

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
As a totally disabled veteran, I want to THANK YOU for what you do for my brothers and sisters! Do you make IWBs? Peace.
Jeff, PM me and I will put you in contact with the builder leading the group

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Back when God was a corporal, my USMC qualification was Sharpshooter. That was with an M-14, at ranges out to 500 meters. I carried an M-14 in Vietnam. Over the years I've owned various rifles, including a Winchester M70, Mini 14, M-1 carbine, Remington 700...etc. There's a 100 yard range in my back yard, in a disused state. My eyes arent good enough for anything past 50 anymore, even with glasses.

I do keep a 10/22 for fun, as well as the occasional sick raccoon or such. There are also 12 and 20 ga Mossbergs in the closet. For potential weirdness, I still keep one handgun, an early model Taurus in .38 Spl.

I've carried a knife every day since junior high school, because where and when I grew up, men did that, not as weapons, but as working tools. For a long time, I carried a Case hookbill. My edc knife nowadays is a Zero Tolerance 0200ST...simply the best all around carry knife I've found.

ruger.jpg

mossberg.jpg

taurusright.jpeg

ZT0200ST-2__08308.1533222002.jpg

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought my first AR yesterday because of this man, he is a great salesman.
8896.jpeg

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Went to the Washington Gun Show (Located about 25 miles outside DC in Dullas VA) and man, it was packed and people of every color and age were there and they were buying.....it was nice to see. I bought a Trump 2020 bumper sticker for $2 - living in a very liberal city, it won't go on my Jeep, but it is on my refrigerator. :)

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Late to this thread and probably not conforming to most of the collecting interests here, but my interests lie mostly with fine double (side by side) shotguns. Mostly in smaller gauges, especially .410. I think there are a couple 12ga guns in my safe that rarely see use anymore. My 20 ga guns get some activity in sporting clays and some upland hunting. But my 410s get the bulk of my shooting these days. I shoot sporting clays a few times a month and hunt as much of the upland bird seasons across the western states as my work schedule allows. I had planned on being retired as of the end of last month, but my company asked me to stay on for a while longer to help with getting a few hundred airplanes out the door, hopefully soon, so I can retire and hunt full time during the upland seasons.

Anyway, here's a few pics of some of my guns that I have some passion about. And yes, I hunt my guns. All of them, more or less.

The first pic is a set of Ithaca (N.Y) 1920s built .410 doubles that I found on opposite sides of the country. They are 3 serial numbers apart and were built on the same shop order in the mid 20s. One was sold to someone on the east coast and the other was sold on the west coast. I found one about 10 years ago near Seattle and the other about 7 years ago in North Carolina. They don't look like much, that's the nature of antiques, but they're each worth north of $5k.

The next pic is a 1935 Winchester model 12, 20 ga, pump that I had restored/upgraded to a deluxe model with some very pretty new presentation grade wood and reblued. I made a double with this gun last year while hunting hungarian partridge (huns) in the mountains of Idaho.

This third pic is of a cute little .410 Italian, that I picked up a few years back from a NJ fine gun store. It weighs in at a feather light 5 1/2 lbs. It is not a gun for a child, but has full adult size stock length along with 28" barrels. It was built in the early 1990s by a little custom maker named Ferlib in the north of Italy, where the gunmaking industry still dominates the little towns. Near as I can tell, they have about half a dozen employees and made maybe 30-40 guns a year. I found it used and slightly abused. The barrels had a plumb-brown finish from the factory that had been scuffed and worn badly and the stock had at least a couple quick and dirty refinish layers that had been dinged and worn. I refinished the barrels last year to a beautiful dark blue-black using an age-old rust blue process and in the last few days have been working to wrap up the final restoration of the stock with a hand rubbed oil based finish. I've taken quail, dove, chukar and pheasant with this little gun and plan to do more of that with it in the next month in Idaho-Washington and Oregon.

I do have some interest in more modern firearms. I've held a lifelong passion for the 1911 auto and have owned many. I currently have a few, including a 70 Series Gold Cup, a Wilson Combat Classic, and I built my wife a 9mm based on a Springfield target model. Her gun was heavily modified. The frame got all new match guts (sear, trigger, hammer, etc.) that I fitted and a welded on magwell that is blended, as well as a checkered front strap. The slide got new sights and flat-topped and diamond checkered for glare reduction as well as a tightly fitted bushing and spring system. I retained the original Springfield barrel pending some testing. The frame was Cerokoted in a purple metallic and the slide was black coated. The grips were made from G10 and laser deep trenched with my wife's name to allow me to fill with some purple metalflake epoxy resin. It was a little bit tongue-in-cheek of a gift because we were taking some defensive handgun classes at the time. I did all the work except the front strap checkering and gave this to her for Christmas a few years ago. It will hold about 1" 5 shot groups with certain brands of common factory ammo.

And for you younger guys that have a passion toward the modern mil-type weapons, the last pic is my Christensen Arms CA-10 DMR 7.62 Nato/.308 Win with a big Leupold variable.

DSC_5684.JPG

DSC_3176.JPG

20191008_054559_resized (1).jpg

DSC_mod1 0803 (Large).jpg

20161122_194355_zpsiievcdto.JPG

DSC_0687 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
In the big white north I was able to get myself only a K bar and if I lived in Idaho and could own just one firearm this would be it

Hypalon Man

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Grand Charokee, 18JL, MB Sprinter 3500 based WGO Navion
In the big white north I was able to get myself only a K bar and if I lived in Idaho and could own just one firearm this would be it

We went to Alaska via Canada last Summer. Wanted a firearm for "protection" from "wildlife". The most Canadian acceptable items are lever or bolt rifles, or shotguns. None include anything of the semiauto variety. I elected to bring a 12 gauge pump shotgun of acceptable length with a LED light in a scabbard. I increased the capacity using an adapter and Aquila buck or slugs.
Alaska12.jpg

AK12II.jpg

Hypalon Man

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shockwave stock pic.png
I would have brought the Shockwave but it was just at the length limit and didn't want to leave it behind of have it confiscated.

minishell.jpg

Minishell buck.jpg

Mossberg12.jpg

Hypalon Man

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4570 Copilot.jpg
We visited Wild West guns in Anchorage where I talked with James West and Family. Their claim to fame is the Co-Pilot. A break down
45-70.

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
We went to Alaska via Canada last Summer. Wanted a firearm for "protection" from "wildlife". The most Canadian acceptable items are lever or bolt rifles, or shotguns. None include anything of the semiauto variety. I elected to bring a 12 gauge pump shotgun of acceptable length with a LED light in a scabbard. I increased the capacity using an adapter and Aquila buck or slugs.
Alaska12.jpg

AK12II.jpg

nice cannon, hopefully you didn't have to use it

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Tell me about your Garand please..
The Garand was ordered from the CMP many years back and I actually ordered two and when the came I carefully inspected both and picked the best of the two and sold off the other one.

The rifle is branded HRA with minimal wear and all matching numbers on the main parts for the most part, it does have a SA trigger group that I went thru and rebuilt and I also rebuilt the bolt , I’m sure some of the other non important parts like sling swivels etc are new production along with the Boyds stock but the stock is very very nice and has a fabulous grain pattern

Jeep Wrangler JL Firearm and knife collectors 909010EA-6BF9-468F-9641-BDDAA3B36300
Jeep Wrangler JL Firearm and knife collectors 2F6BE4F5-EFCD-4BB0-8C4C-D3CC77727050
Jeep Wrangler JL Firearm and knife collectors 95923709-E40C-4F02-9B6E-CC0EBDA84DB7
Jeep Wrangler JL Firearm and knife collectors F00E2A7E-4F49-46BF-A69D-1BF0F713E2CA

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The Garand was ordered from the CMP many years back and I actually ordered two and when the came I carefully inspected both and picked the best of the two and sold off the other one.

The rifle is branded HRA with minimal wear and all matching numbers on the main parts for the most part, it does have a SA trigger group that I went thru and rebuilt and I also rebuilt the bolt , I’m sure some of the other non important parts like sling swivels etc are new production along with the Boyds stock but the stock is very very nice and has a fabulous grain pattern

Jeep Wrangler JL Firearm and knife collectors F00E2A7E-4F49-46BF-A69D-1BF0F713E2CA
Looks good. Do you get to shoot it often?

Dspencer

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

It is a very nice H&R! I have a small collection of Garands including a CMP lotter M1D from the late 80’s. If you don’t already belong to the Garand Collectors Association, you should check it out.
Sponsored