OP

Shelby73

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Very nice! What tool did you use? I want to do this exact same thing. I already have the mount installed, just need to modify the panel in a clean way
I used tape on the panel marked the 2
Very nice! What tool did you use? I want to do this exact same thing. I already have the mount installed, just need to modify the panel in a clean way
i used a moto tool with cut-off wheel first ground down the back round cylinder tab then marked the two points (horizontal) masked a line vertically and took a little bit off. Test fit and did it again repeat line will have a slight angle once it was clear and almost touching I taped sides again and used a fine file to clean up the edges. Took patience and some time but looks really good and clean
Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go…

IMG_0053.jpeg

Nokones

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rubi, 21 Silverado, 13 Grand Sport, Cayman GTS,
Occupation
Unemployed For The Rest Of My Life.
Clubs

For my mount there was no cutting, trimming, just bolt the mount directly to the roll bar using the bolt mounts in the factory roll bar with the supplied mount bolts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fire Extinguisher Mount 20240203_161301

AndySpill

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Some food for thought on fire extinguishers.

I too have one mounted in the general location depicted by most posts here.

But I also have an Element Fire Extinguisher that sits North of the shifter and within hand's reach. It can be positioned in this place given its "flare" size.

Some Youtube testing has shown this extinguisher at times inferior at fire suppression to a a conventional one, but the most effective extinguisher that sits on the other side of you and a fire, deference to James' cup holder setup @Heimkehr here noted, is the extinguisher that may prove inaccessible.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Some food for thought on fire extinguishers.

I too have one mounted in the general location depicted by most posts here.

But I also have an Element Fire Extinguisher that sits North of the shifter and within hand's reach. It can be positioned in this place given its "flare" size.

Some Youtube testing has shown this extinguisher at times inferior at fire suppression to a a conventional one, but the most effective extinguisher that sits on the other side of you and a fire, deference to James' cup holder setup @Heimkehr here noted, is the extinguisher that may prove inaccessible.
Besides my rear pillar mount, I also have an Element mounted on the roll cage just above the driver's window. With window down I can access it also from outside the vehicle.
Sponsored