Sponsored

Finding some differences....and getting frustrated.

KrawlSpace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 3L eco Rubi
So, I got a 2021 Sarge Green EcoD Rubicon back in November. Love it. Totally stock. First things I did, got a M.O.R.E Dead pedal, Tuffy center console insert, SmityBilt XRC Gen II front and rear bumpers and the XRC side steps.

Our Subi started to crap out, so I went to dealer and traded for a 2021 Black EcoD Rubicon. First thing I did with that one is the Mopar 2.5" lift and 37s with MOPAR bead lock capable wheels. From there, got the Lange mirrors so that I could take off the doors, got a M.O.R.E Dead Pedal and the Tuffy center console insert. I can't install the center console - it is 2" more shallow than the Sarge Green; can't install the Dead Pedal - the plastic fascia goes from the door all the way to the end of the footwell. Can't install the Lange mirrors as the hinges don't allow space between to fit the mirror clamps.

I'm surprised about the console and the plastic fascia as these are both 2021 EcoD Rubicons. I'll figure out the mirrors and the fit with the clamps.

Here is another thing that just blows my mind. The black Rubi that is lifted and has 37" BFG KO2s gets better fuel efficiency than the stock. I easily get 22 mpg where as the totally stock green gets 20+.

I guess just venting but really confused about some of the interior differences I'm seeing between my two Jeeps.
Sponsored

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Whatā€™s your footwell look like?

I installed the dead pedal in my 2021, but wondering why that area would be different.

Thereā€™s this thread about the center console difference (I think itā€™s due to the front trail cam).

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I don't have a useful reply for you, but Iā€™m surprised that the same model year/trim would be differntā€¦ sort of goes agaist what the industrial revolution and facorty lines were all about. (lol)

But the main purpose of my reply was to ask for a link to the ā€œXRC side stepsā€ you mentioned fitting your Rubicon. I canā€™t find those in my searching.

OP
OP
KrawlSpace

KrawlSpace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 3L eco Rubi
Oh, OK. I do have the front trail camera. Never thought about that. I'll try to snap a photo of the footwells (interior, and I'm not sure what else to call where you put your feet so I hope I'm saying it correctly.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Careful with those, they'll come up into your rocker if you land on them.
What do you reccomend then? (Sorry for the thread hijack OP!)

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Yeah, sorry about that. I don't want anyone else to tear up their trucks thinking those things will take the weight of the Jeep. The pipes themselves are pretty sturdy, but the mounting flexes. They are really good steps.

I was looking at the Rockhard ones, which seem to have pretty good reviews on here. But I ended up getting a set of Mopar performance ones really cheap off Facebook. I've hit them a couple of times and no issues yet.

Back to your regularly scheduled program. Maybe they are taking a page from Tesla and introducing changes midyear. Tesla switches out parts constantly, once they have a different design they start using it as soon as existing inventory runs out. I imagine it drives part counter guys absolutely batshit crazy.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
As Napoleon Bonaparte is reported to have said:

ā€œIf you have a clock, you can tell what time of the day it is. If you have two clocks, you can never tell for sure...ā€

šŸ˜«

Sponsored

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Here is another thing that just blows my mind. The black Rubi that is lifted and has 37" BFG KO2s gets better fuel efficiency than the stock. I easily get 22 mpg where as the totally stock green gets 20+.
Is the Jeep on 37's recalibrated for the bigger tires? If not, that will throw off the mpg.

OP
OP
KrawlSpace

KrawlSpace

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 3L eco Rubi
Is the Jeep on 37's recalibrated for the bigger tires? If not, that will throw off the mpg.
Yep, had it all done through the dealer and was recalibrated.

No worries.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
There were several running changes for the 2021 model that cut in around January. Most were done to have as much commonality as possible with 392 and 4xe.

For example, the steering stabilizer and mounting bolts are new and not interchangeable between the pre-Jan/21 and post Jan/21 build dates. (though in typical Jeep fashion, they built some earlier with the changes and some later without them)

Unfortunately, that is a trend in auto manufacturing. Not waiting for a model year change over, and simply cut in rolling changes.
Sponsored