Filler cap issue - anyone else?

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
Something weird happened to me earlier today when I tried filling up my jeep. When I put the diesel nozzle in, it wouldn't enter. The metal flap, for whatever reason, seemed to be stuck closed. I felt around and tried pushing on it, and it still didn't open. Planning to swing by the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out, but has this happened to anyone else?
Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any chance the guns were switched on the pump? Was it a tax free Or kerosene pump ?

rob58

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer
It happened to me a couple of months ago. 1000 miles from home! Decided to push it hard until it gave way. It worked and hasn't happened again. Just push it on in!!!

EcoDRubi1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl eco diesel. 2020 gladiator
Something weird happened to me earlier today when I tried filling up my jeep. When I put the diesel nozzle in, it wouldn't enter. The metal flap, for whatever reason, seemed to be stuck closed. I felt around and tried pushing on it, and it still didn't open. Planning to swing by the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out, but has this happened to anyone else?
There is a nozzle for oversized diesel fillers under the compartment in back of jeep. I had same issue. Some fit some dont

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
If it fits in far enough to touch the metal flap but will not push the flap open, try to pull/push down on the handle. That will release the spring loaded mechanism and allow the nozzle in.

If it's too big then use the adapter.

RubiBlueJLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Structural Technician
I ran into the "same" issue before. My issue was that the diesel "gun" was the same size as the unleaded, so it was too small to release the flap. Used the adapter to fill it up,

Another time, the diesel "gun" had an added ring on the end, so it would not fit, either. I had to hold it against the adapter to fill up. Slow and long fill.
Sponsored