Filler cap issue - anyone else?

shufly09

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel JL (ordered)
Something weird happened to me earlier today when I tried filling up my jeep. When I put the diesel nozzle in, it wouldn't enter. The metal flap, for whatever reason, seemed to be stuck closed. I felt around and tried pushing on it, and it still didn't open. Planning to swing by the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out, but has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any chance the guns were switched on the pump? Was it a tax free Or kerosene pump ?

rob58

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It happened to me a couple of months ago. 1000 miles from home! Decided to push it hard until it gave way. It worked and hasn't happened again. Just push it on in!!!

EcoDRubi1

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl eco diesel. 2020 gladiator
Something weird happened to me earlier today when I tried filling up my jeep. When I put the diesel nozzle in, it wouldn't enter. The metal flap, for whatever reason, seemed to be stuck closed. I felt around and tried pushing on it, and it still didn't open. Planning to swing by the dealer tomorrow so they can check it out, but has this happened to anyone else?
There is a nozzle for oversized diesel fillers under the compartment in back of jeep. I had same issue. Some fit some dont

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel (FIRECRACKER RED), 2020 6.7L F350, 2011 QX56, 2005 5.9 Cummins
If it fits in far enough to touch the metal flap but will not push the flap open, try to pull/push down on the handle. That will release the spring loaded mechanism and allow the nozzle in.

If it's too big then use the adapter.

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement